First Time, First Year Student Scholarships
Scholarship information for current Honors students is available here.
Idaho State University's Commitment to High-Achieving Students
Idaho Residents who are new incoming freshman (first time, first year student) are automatically considered for the many scholarships ISU offers. Your application for admission to ISU serves as your "scholarship application" so long as your ISU application is complete (all required documents submitted) by July 1 (for Fall semester start) or November 1 (for Spring semester start). Learn more about ISU's new incoming resident freshman scholarships.
Additional Honors Specific Scholarships
Acceptance to the University Honors Program (UHP) provides additional scholarships so long as your UHP application is complete (all required documents submitted) by July 1. Note: Seats in the UHP are limited and applications are considered as they are received. Applications received by December 15 are given priority consideration and seats typically fill by February. We encourage you to apply early!
Once you have completed your application to both Idaho State University and the Idaho State University Honors Program, using the two separate application forms, your application to the Honors Program will be reviewed by the UHP Director. You will be notified of acceptance by email with instructions of how to confirm your seat in the University Honors Program and accept the Honors First Year scholarships.
Bennion Scholar/ISU Leadership Program
Samuel Horne Bennion was a legendary Idaho businessman who was absolutely committed to Idaho State University, giving millions in donations during his lifetime. In the fall of 2005, as one of his final gifts, Mr. Bennion gave nearly $700,000 to the University Honors Program. He had one request -- he wanted Idaho’s best and brightest to stay and gain their educations in Idaho.
This is a one time, one year, $1000 scholarship. You will receive $500 per semester for your first two semesters.
In order to be considered for the Bennion Scholar Program scholarship, you must meet these requirements:
- You must be a first-time, first-year student.
- You must apply to Idaho State University by July 1 (Fall semester start) or November 1 (Spring semester start).
- You must apply to the University Honors Program by July 1 (Fall semester start) or November 1 (Spring semester start).
- You must be accepted into the Idaho State University Honors Program.
- You must meet the academic admission (GPA/SAT/ACT) criteria for the Honors Program.
ISU Housing Scholarship
Idaho State University has generously donated scholarships to support Honors students who plan to live in University Housing. Eligible Honors students will receive $1000 per academic year for four years to use towards On-Campus Housing.
In order to be considered for the Housing scholarship, you must meet these requirements:
- You must be a first-time, first-year student (never attended college after graduating from high school).
- You must apply to Idaho State University by July 1.
- You must apply to the Idaho State University Honors Program by July 1.
- You must be accepted into the University Honors Program.
- You must apply to University Housing.
- You must live in on-campus housing.