First Time, First Year Student Scholarships
Scholarship information for current Honors students is available here.
Idaho State University's Commitment to High-Achieving Students
As a new incoming freshman (first time, first year student), you are automatically considered for the many scholarships ISU offers. Your application for admission to ISU serves as your "scholarship application" so long as your ISU application is complete (all required documents submitted) by February 15 (for Fall semester start), November 1 (for Spring semester start). Learn more about ISU's new incoming freshman scholarships.
Additional Honors Specific Scholarships
Acceptance to the University Honors Program (UHP) provides additional scholarships so long as your UHP application is complete (all required documents submitted) by February 15.
Once you have completed your application to both Idaho State University and the Idaho State University Honors Program, using the two separate application forms, you will receive your scholarship award letter via the U.S. Postal Service typically within three to four weeks.
Bennion Scholar/ISU Leadership Program
Samuel Horne Bennion was a legendary Idaho businessman who was absolutely committed to Idaho State University, giving millions in donations during his lifetime. In the fall of 2005, as one of his final gifts, Mr. Bennion gave nearly $700,000 to the University Honors Program. He had one request -- he wanted Idaho’s best and brightest to stay and gain their educations in Idaho.
This is a one time, one year, $1000 scholarship. You will receive $500 per semester for your first two semesters.
In order to be considered for the Bennion Scholar Program scholarship, you must meet these requirements:
- You must be a first-time, first-year student.
- You must apply to Idaho State University by February 15 (Fall semester start) or November 1 (Spring semester start).
- You must apply to the University Honors Program by February 15 (Fall semester start) or November 1 (Spring semester start).
- You must be accepted into the Idaho State University Honors Program.
- You must meet the academic admissions (GPA, SAT/ACT) criteria for the Honors Program outlined here.
ISU Housing Scholarship
Idaho State University has generously donated to a program to support Honors students who plan to live in University Housing. Eligible Honors students will receive $1000 per academic year for four years to use towards On-Campus Housing.
In order to be considered for the Housing scholarship, you must meet these requirements:
- You must be a first-time, first-year student (beginning ISU immediately following high school graduation).
- You must apply to Idaho State University by February 15.
- You must apply to the Idaho State University Honors Program by February 15.
- You must be accepted into the University Honors Program.
- You must apply to University Housing.
- You must plan on living in on-campus housing.