Now Accepting Applications!
Before applying to the University Honors Program:
- Apply to Idaho State University - Students must have applied to ISU before submitting an application to the University Honors Program
- Read detailed information on --> Honors Admission Criteria
- Choose the appropriate application from the selection below
- Read through the application completely, before starting to fill in the application
- Be prepared with the materials and information you need to complete the application
***If you are having difficulties with the online application, please contact us at email@example.com.
Read through the application completely before starting to complete it. You will need to be prepared to provide the following items to submit a complete application:
- A digital copy of your transcripts (unofficial or official)
- A list of any courses or scores that are not included in your transcripts. Include completed, in progress, and future courses, and scores. For example, Dual Credit/Early College courses, AP Exam, SAT or ACT scores.
- A list of, or paragraph about, your leadership, service, and organizational experiences. For example, membership in clubs, teams, and service events.
- A digital copy of a 2-3 page Personal Statement explaining who you are, your goals, and why you would like to be a member of the University Honors Program (UHP).
- Name and Email address of the person you are requesting to write a Letter of Recommendation for you. It is your responsibility to inform the letter writer to email the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject line.
This application is for recent high school graduates and students who have not previously attended ISU or another university/college (not including Dual Enrollment or Early College courses taken in High School).
Priority Admission Deadline: The Priority Admissions application deadline for Fall/Spring entry of the 2024-2025 academic year for First Time, First Year Students is December 15, 2023.
Admission with First Year, First Time Honors Scholarships: First Time, First Year Students eligible for Honors Scholarships must apply by July 1 for Fall entry and November 1 for Spring entry of each calendar year. Please note that acceptance until then is conducted on a rolling basis; seats and scholarships may no longer be available by the application deadline for Fall or Spring entry. We encourage you to apply early!
Applications after July 1/November 1: Applications for Fall/Spring entry are accepted after July 1/November 1, however seats and First Time, First Year Honors Scholarships may not be available.
For students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
International Student Application Deadline: International students must apply by July 1st of the calendar year for Fall entry and November 1st for Spring entry.
For students who are currently attending Idaho State University. (Does not include high school students taking Dual Credit courses.) Late Admit students are not eligible for First Year, First Time Honors Scholarships.
Late Admit Application Deadline: Late Admit students may apply at any time, but must meet the Late Admit Criteria.
For students transferring to ISU from another college/university. Transfer students are not eligible for First Time, First Year Honors Scholarships.
International Students: Please apply with the International Student Application.
Transfer Application Deadline: Transfer students may apply at any time between applying to and starting at ISU, but must meet the Transfer Student Criteria. If you are a transfer student but have already started taking classes at ISU, you may apply as a Late Admittance student.