facebook pixel Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University home

2024-25 FAFSA Processing Delay

Due to ongoing issues with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at the federal level, schools will not receive FAFSA data until mid-March at the earliest. Once we are able to access the FAFSA information in our system, we will begin processing aid offers for ISU students.  Please complete the FAFSA as soon as possible to avoid any further delays in receiving your aid offer.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Financial Aid Office.



Applying for Financial Aid is Easy

  • To apply for federal student aid, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually.
  • We strongly encourage you to use the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Data Retrieval Tool when completing your FAFSA.
  • If you have questions or need help, please contact our office.


What types of aid can I get?

There are a lot of options to pay for your education, and knowing what’s out there and what you qualify for can help you make the best financial decisions for your needs.




Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

In addition to meeting other eligibility factors, you must make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) towards the completion of your degree each year to qualify for financial aid. SAP includes policies regarding your GPA, credit completion, term completion and maximum credit requirements.