CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO ON NAVIGATING FINANCIAL AID IN BENGALWEB
PLEASE NOTE: If you are planning to attend Spring 2024 or Summer 2024, and have not yet completed your 2023-2024 FAFSA, you can do so now. If you are needing financial aid for Fall 2024, Spring 2025, or Summer 2025, you will need to complete the 2024-2025 FAFSA which will be available December 31, 2023.
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID:
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for federal Grants, Student Loans, and Work Study funding at https://studentaid.gov/
SATISFYING FINANCIAL AID REQUIREMENTS:
2. Choose the My Financial Aid Card in My ISU, then select the appropriate year.
a) If you are required to submit documents on the Home tab that appears, you will see one or more unsatisfied requirements. Submit requested forms and supporting documentation by fax, mail, electronic web drop box, or in-person to the ISU Financial Aid Office. Fax and address information is shown at the top of each requested form. DO NOT submit documents via email.
b) Requests will be updated to satisfied when documents have been received. Entrance Counseling and Promissory Notes for student loans will continue to show unsatisfied until ISU originates your loan at which time ISU will receive confirmation of your having completed these requirements (usually within 3-5 days of your having accepted the loan).
c) Respond to the Financial Aid (Title IV) Authorization Questions (see "To Accept and Authorize Your Financial Aid Award" instructions below) on the Home tab and be sure to click "submit".
TO ACCEPT AND AUTHORIZE YOUR FINANCIAL AID AWARD:
3. In the My Financial Aid card, click on the My Financial Aid link and select the appropriate year. Follow the instructions on each of the tabs that appear on your screen, working from left to right. On the Home tab, answer the two (2) required questions and then click Submit. Within 24 hours, the Financial Aid (Title IV) Authorization and the Prior Year Financial Aid (Title IV) Authorization requirements will show as satisfied. This process is required only once per academic year.
STUDENT LOAN REQUIREMENTS:
4. (Complete Step 4 only if you are accepting a student loan for the first time at ISU--good for 10 years) Complete the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note online at https://studentaid.gov/h/complete-a-process
FINANCIAL AID DISBURSEMENT:
5. The ISU Cashier's Office will process accepted and authorized financial aid (and scholarships) no earlier than 10 days prior to the fall and spring semester start dates and 5 days prior to a student's earliest summer start date. In the Online Fee Payment channel, see your tuition and fee balance. The balance will be updated to reflect payments and other changes.
Only a select few scholarship awards can be actively accepted in BengalWeb. Some will require the submission of a paper acceptance form, while others can be accepted in the Bengal Online Scholarship System (BOSS). Check your ISU email award notification or scholarship award letter for instructions on accepting your scholarship(s). To view scholarship(s), go to the My Financial Aid card in My ISU and click on My Financial Aid, select the appropriate year, and then click the Award Offer tab.
Contact the following ISU offices for additional information:
Financial Aid Office (208) 282-2756 email@example.com
Scholarship Office (208) 282-3315 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cashier's Office (208) 282-3000 email@example.com