Academic Courses in Moodle ISU
Moodle ISU courses are created based on information provided in the class schedule and managed by the Office of the Registrar.
Instructors will work with their Department Course Scheduler, who will provide the information to the Office of the Registrar.
Academic courses are created in Moodle ISU about the time that students can register for that term. A Moodle ISU course can be requested at any time for an academic course by working with your Department Course Scheduler
Any changes to the Academic Course or Instructor of Record should be made directly with your Department Course Scheduler. Department Schedulers are required to immediately notify University Scheduling of course cancellations, class limit increases/decreases, day/time changes, instructor changes, and classroom assignment requests. For more information, please contact the University Scheduling Coordinator (email@example.com).
Other Course Types
Faculty and Staff can request to create other types of courses on the ITRC Forms page. The course types available are:
- A Metacourse is when two or more Academic courses are combined into one.
- A Special Course is a Non-Academic course that can be used as a Development course or as a Miscellaneous course.
- Development courses, also known as a Sandbox course, will never have students enrolled. This course type is meant for collecting, developing, and managing course material for a future course.
- Miscellaneous courses have a wide variety of uses such as a resource page, club site, or course that is longer than the standard semester.
- A Community Course is for those who are not affiliated with ISU but still want a Moodle course. These courses can be found on the Moodle ISU Community site.
Oboler Library, Room B17
921 South 8th Avenue
Pocatello, ID 83209-8064
Fall/Spring Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Extended Hours (Limited Support): Monday - Thursday 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.