Applying for On-Campus Housing
How to Apply for the Residence Halls
New & Returning Students
To apply for the Residence Halls:
- Log in to MyISU
- Search for the University Housing card.
- Click the Apply for Housing link in the University Housing card and select the application for the academic year.
Please note your application will not be completed until you have paid the $150 deposit or have a deposit on file.
To Change an Existing Application
If you have already applied for housing and need to change something on your application, email University Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to make the change.
How to Apply for On-Campus Apartments
To apply for the On-campus Apartments:
- Log in to MyISU.
- Click on the University Housing card.
- Click the Apply for Housing link in the University Housing card.
- Choose the application for apartments.
Once your application is complete, you will be placed on a waiting list for your requested apartment(s). When one of your requested apartments becomes available we will send you an email offering you the apartment.
You will not need to pay a deposit until you have accepted an apartment.
If you are currently an ISU student living in an on-campus apartment and have a current apartment on file, email email@example.com to request a transfer to another apartment complex.
If you are transferring from the Residence Halls to an apartment, you will need to complete an apartment application.
To Change an Existing Application
If you have already applied and need to change something on your application, email University Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to make the change for you.
How the Application Process Works
- It is impossible to know exactly how long a wait list might be, and wait times vary from one complex to another and at different times of the year. Assignments are made by date of application. The sooner you submit your housing application the better your chances are of receiving an assignment in the complex of your choice.
- Apartment offers are made year round, based on location on the waiting list and desired date of occupancy.
- A $150 deposit is required to complete the application process for the residence halls. The deposit refund policy is explained in detail in the license agreement.
- If you have already applied for the residence halls but did not pay the deposit, you can go to the University Housing Portal on MyISU to pay the deposit electronically.
- In late spring, Residence Hall assignments for the fall semester are made as students apply.
- In mid summer, Residence Hall residents receive an email with their hall assignment, their roommate's name, and roommate's email address.
- In mid-late summer, Residence Hall residents receive a welcome message, which contains check-in information, bed sizes, opening dates and more.
- The residence halls close at the end of each academic year. On-campus apartments do not close at any time. Students who live in apartments are required to give 30 days notice before vacating their housing.
- Cancellations: If you need to cancel your housing in the residence halls you may do so by emailing University Housing at email@example.com.
Please be aware that the date you cancel will determine how much, if any, of your deposit will be refunded to you.
Our refund policy is as follows:
- If you cancel before May 24, your entire deposit will be refunded.
- If you cancel anytime from May 24 through July 7, half of your deposit will be refunded.
- If you cancel after July 7 none of your deposit will be refunded.
- Cancellation of the agreement after August 1 or failure to check in within 10 days of opening will result in 100% forfeiture of your deposit and a $350 cancellation fee.