The Cultural Events Committee's mission is to bring together University and Idaho communities through rich cultural activities. The Committee sponsors artistic, intellectual, and cultural events that enrich campus and community experiences and that link people of different backgrounds through common interests.
The committee has two grant programs that are used to help sponsor appropriate events.
The Cultural Events Committee logo is available for download.
The following faculty members serve three-year terms on the Cultural Events Committee:
- Susan Goslee, College of Arts and Letters (English and Philosophy) [Fall 2021-Spring 2024]
- Vanessa Ballam, College of Arts and Letters (Theatre and Dance) [Fall 2019-Spring 2022]
- Hyeri Choi, College of Arts and Letters (Music) [Fall 2020-Spring 2023]
- Phil Homan, Library [Spring 2020-Fall 2022]
- Yan Chen, College of Business [Spring 2020-Fall 2023]
Faculty members from the College of Arts and Letters also provide essential service through participation on the Faculty Senate and numerous university committees. Links to some of these important groups are below.
The College Executive Committee (CEC) serves an important advisory function to the Dean and Associate Deans on issues critical to the operation of the College, particularly the strategic development of the College. It is one of two standing faculty committees.
The CEC also considers faculty promotion and tenure recommendations, reviews sabbatical applications, and other issues as identified by the College leadership.
The CEC is comprised of six tenured faculty members (three from each division of the College) who are selected following a vote of the faculty in their respective division.
Faculty members are selected to serve on this committee for a term of three years (the terms are staggered in one-year increments) and may serve no more than six consecutive years.
Only one faculty member from any department may serve at any one time.
A member of the Chairs’ Council is appointed by the Dean to serve as an additional ex officio member.
- Vanessa Ballam, Theatre and Dance (Term: 2020-2023)
- John Dudgeon, Anthropology (Term: 2019-2022)
- Karen Hartman, Communication, Media, and Persuasion (Term: 2018-2021)
- Anthony Hoskin, Sociology, Social Work, and Criminology (Term: 2020-2021)
- Diana Livingston-Friedley, Music (Term: 2019-2022)
- Justin Dolan Stover, History (Term: 2020-2023)