"I truly would not be where I am today if it wasn’t for the constant support from the Criminology department at ISU. Now, I am a strategy and transformation consultant focusing on mass violence and domestic terrorism within the national security segment. I feel that there was no better place than the ISU Criminology department for me to kick off my career."
Linzy Kraemer, Class of '20
A degree in sociology, social work, or criminology from Idaho State University opens up a variety of career prospects. Graduates of our programs have gone on to pursue fulfilling careers in fields such as social services, criminal justice, advocacy, research, and community development. The knowledge and skills acquired through our programs prepare students to address social issues, promote social justice, and make a positive impact on the lives of individuals and communities.
Meet Our Faculty
We believe in learning beyond the classroom. Our faculty members actively engage with local communities, partnering with organizations and agencies to bring the curriculum to life and provide valuable experiential learning opportunities for our students. Our faculty are committed to mentoring students and guiding them on their academic and professional journeys.
Interdisciplinary Approach: The fields of sociology, social work, and criminology are inherently connected. Our faculty collaborate across disciplines, allowing students to gain a holistic understanding of social systems, individual behaviors, and the justice system.
Comprehensive Sociology Programs
- Deeper understanding of social life complexities
- Emphasis on sociological research
- Exploration of various sociological perspectives
- Solid foundation in sociological theory and research methodologies
- Study of human society, social behavior, and interactions
Social Work Degrees for Impactful Change
- Addressing social issues and promoting justice
- Advocating for vulnerable populations
- Blend of classroom, fieldwork, and practical training
- Equipping students with knowledge and skills
- Focus on positive impact on individuals, families, and communities
- Preparation for rewarding social work careers
- Causes of crime exploration
- Criminal behavior understanding
- Criminal justice system insights
- Criminology courses available
- Crime impact on society examination
- Crime prevention strategies study
- Economic, psychological, social factors analysis
- Passionate about crime and justice
- Social, psychological, economic factors consideration