Research In Geosciences
Image is of the Nautilus Live.
Students gain valuable experience and make new discoveries by involving them in scholarly research in the classroom, laboratories and surrounding communities.
Visit the faculty pages to see the wide range of research topics that are covered and contact them directly if interested.
Recent Research Topics
- Low and High Temperature Geochemistry
- Surface Processes
- Fluvial and Hill slope Geomorphology
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Tectonics and Deformation of the Continental Crust
- Regional Metamorphism
- 3D Modeling and Analysis
- Terrain Models
- Digital Topographic Analysis
- Wildfire Effects on Landscape
- Detrital Zircon Provenance Studies
- Physical Volcanology
- Arctic Landscape Evolution
- 3-D Scanning Fossils