Department of Geosciences
We take advantage of our location in the Northern Rockies and offer students affordable tuition and cost of living. Our courses include hands-on learning, field exercises, laboratory experience, and the latest geotechnologies. It is our mission to train students for professional positions or further study. Our programs have a strong record of student career placement in government, industry, and education. We are proud to host a nationally recognized summer field camp at Lost River Field Station, north of Mackay, Idaho. Discover what ISU Geosciences has to offer.
Not only do we claim a strong field-based program, we have a legacy of national awards to prove it!
- In 2020, ISU PhD-Geosciences student Stuart Parker won Best Student Geologic Map at the Annual Meeting of the Geologic Socity of America.
- In 2019, ISU MS Geology student Dan Brennan won Best Student Map for his work in Custer County, Idaho.
- In 2016, Dr. Ryan Anderson, ISU Assistant Professor and Field Camp Director won Best Student Map for his WSU PhD work in Argentina.
- In 2013, ISU MS Geology student Robert Mahon won Best Student Map for his work in Death Valley, CA.
Additional Geology Information for COVID-19
- ISU's Content Area Tutoring supports GEOL 1100 students
- Undergraduate - EES: Glenn Thackray (email@example.com), Geology: Kendra Murray (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Graduate - Geology/PhD: Dave Pearson (email@example.com), Geotechnologies/GIS: Carrie Bottenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please reach out to your Professors with course-specific questions
- Please reach out to your advisor (see above) with degree or advising questions
- For any other questions, reach out to Department Chair, Ben Crosby (email@example.com)
Student staff are in the office on an irregular schedule posted on the door.
Individual professors are reachable by email and can set up Zoom meetings.