A faculty liaison is a faculty member at Idaho State university who is selected by his/her academic department to monitor the quality, consistency, and curricular alignment of dual credit courses. The Faculty Liaison role is to support approved dual credit instructors by assisting with course materials, providing guidance regarding curricular alignment with the course taught on the college campus, conducting site visits, and assisting with professional development opportunities.
Faculty Liaison Responsibilities
- Communicate department information each semester/trimester to high school instructors. Include high school instructors in department correspondence, listserv, academic notices, and general information.
- Visit high school instructors on-site the first year of approval and at least every three years following the initial visit or work with instructors in on-campus department meetings.
- Communicate at least once per month via email or phone.
- Be available to give presentations of discipline-specific lectures to Early College Program students.
- Provide guidance concerning grading policies of the department.
- Discuss the college experience with high school students. This may be done when faculty visit the high schools or when high school students visit the college campus.
- Supply high school teachers with current sample syllabi, sample exams, and other course materials.
- Supply high school teachers with desk copies of current textbooks, if available.
- Assist high school instructors/school districts in selecting department approved textbooks.
- Request and review course syllabi annually.
- Plan and assist with annual instructor professional development.
- Submit Annual Professional Development Tracking from with agenda and materials for all professional development activities provided for ECP instructors to the Early College Program per NACEP requirement.
- Assist Early College Program with new course orientation when needed to orient new instructors to discipline specific course.
- When on-boarding new instructors, please submit new course orientation tracking form with agenda and materials for course orientation provided for new ECP instructors to the Early College Program per NACEP requirement.
- Assist Early College Program staff with department tours when instructors/students visit campus.
- Submit liaison report forms for each assigned instructor to the Early College Program, immediate supervisor, and high school instructor.
- Coordinate with department chair in guiding high school instructors on assessment of general education learning competencies.
Idaho State University academic department faculty liaisons will receive compensation for providing curriculum oversight and support to their assigned high school instructors. Please refer to Faculty Liaison Handbook for additional information on compensation.