facebook pixel Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University home

After High School Graduation

If I want to attend ISU after high school, what do I need to do?

Students wanting to continue at ISU after high school will need to submit an undergraduate application, application fee, official high school transcript, and ACT or SAT scores to the ISU Office of Admissions. Applications can be submitted online at apply.isu.edu . In order to be considered for freshmen academic scholarships students need to submit all information by FEBRUARY 15 of their senior year. For additional information please contact the Admissions Office at 208-282-2475.

How do I arrange a campus tour?

We invite prospective students to visit the campus and have a student ambassador show you around, meet with faculty, and participate in other activities. Please call The Admissions Visitors Center at (208) 282-2123 or submit a request at https://www.isu.edu/visit/    

Will dual credits earned be accepted at other colleges and universities?

Credits are transferable to Idaho colleges and universities and most other institutions outside the state. A limited number of institutions do not accept college credits earned on a high school campus or classes taken for both high school and college credit. Students are responsible for checking with an admissions counselor at a college where they plan to enroll after high school to see if their dual credits will be accepted. We recommend that you retain the syllabus for the course, include the course description (available on the web site at www.isu.edu) and save major class assignments if you have to meet with someone at your intended college or university concerning their decision.       

How do I obtain transcripts to send to another college or university?

Students may request an official transcript through BengalWeb or through the National Student Clearinghouse.  Official transcript request and fee information can be found at transcripts.isu.edu  Student can also log into BengalWeb and print an unofficial Academic Transcript. Once a student registers for a college class, it is a requirement that their transcript be sent to any potential college destinations, even if the only grade is a withdrawal. Note: Transcripts will not be sent until all past-due financial obligations at Idaho State University have been paid.

If my post-secondary attendance is interrupted, can I defer my scholarships until I can return?

Scholarships can be deferred for medical reasons, military deployment, church service, or other extenuating circumstances. Please contact your university or college for more information about their deferment policy.  If you are planning to attend ISU's please see their deferment policy.