Tuition & Fees
Projected Annual Expenses
Meridian & Pocatello
Meridian & Pocatello
(College of Idaho) †
|*Full Time Tuition & Fees||$3,936||$3,936||$11,185|
|ISU Administrative Fee||NA||NA||$667|
|Total per Semester||$12,193||$20,589||$20,194|
|Total for One Year (3 semesters)||$36,579||$61,767||$60,582|
|*Total for Two Years (6 semesters)||$73,158||$123,534||$121,164|
|***Idaho Academy of Physician Assistants Conference||$400||$400||$400|
|*Medical Insurance||All students are required to have health insurance. Please review the information found on the ISU Health Center website.|
|*Parking Pass ($100 per year at Meridian & Pocatello, $80 per year at Caldwell)||$200||$200||$160|
|Total Program Cost||$78,458||$128,834||$126,424|
*This is an estimate only, as tuition and fees are adjusted on an annual basis.
** Required Equipment List:
- Stethoscope (Good Quality - Littman Cardiology IV or Tycos Harvey Elite Cardiology)
- SurgiReal Suture Training Kit & Tensioning Base (no substitutions, ordering information available from the PA program)
- Tape Measure
- Rosenbaum Near Vision Chart (pocket eye chart)
- Reflex Hammer (neurologic hammer)
- 2 - Tuning Forks (128 Hz and 512 Hz)
- Pocket Mask for CPR (adult/child & infant)
- Short White Lab Coat
- Scrubs - (no substitutions, ordering information available from the PA program)
** Highly Suggested Items:
- Blood Pressure Cuff (good quality)
- Otoscope / Ophthalmoscope Set (Welch Allen 3.5 v Halogen Classic Diagnostic set as a minimum standard with insufflator, a nasal illuminator can be added for a few more dollars)
- Medical Bag for equipment
- Surgical Knot Tying Board
*** IAPA Conference: The PA Student Society (PASS) conducts a fundraiser to help defray some of the cost of attending the conference. At the high end, a student might pay for the drive to Sun Valley, a few meals, $75 for registration and $105/night times 3 for lodging. A great student fundraiser may cover all expenses.
† The Caldwell campus is a public-private partnership between ISU and The College of Idaho (C of I). The C of I, a private institution, does not receive any state funding to defray the cost of facilities or other expenses incurred while educating ISU PA students. Therefore, all students at the Caldwell PA campus, regardless of state of Idaho residency status pay one fee schedule.
- Employment in the didactic portion of the program is discouraged.
- Employment in the clinical portion of the program is not permitted.
Please note: State law does not allow Idaho State University to grant Non-Resident Tuition waivers to non-residents attending the PA program. For more information regarding residency, check the ISU Residency website or contact the Office of Admissions at (208) 282-2475.
Please visit Fastweb to learn more about grant opportunities.
ISU PA students can apply for Federal and private loans through the Financial Aid Office.
Note: Due to the considerable costs of PA education, the program advises applicants to begin the financial aid process early. More information about the application process and fees is available online or by calling the ISU Financial Aid office at (208) 282-2756.
ISU PA students can apply for general scholarships through the Scholarship Office. Applications and more information are available online or by calling the ISU Scholarship Office at (208) 282-3315.
National Health Service Corps Scholarship
Information for this scholarship may be found online.
Scholarship for Disadvantaged Students:
This scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to disadvantaged students in the health professions. The goal of the program is to increase the number of well-trained people who are in the health professions workforce, particularly those who serve in health professions shortage areas and those in primary care.
WICHE (Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education)
Idaho State University is a member of the WICHE Program. ISU PA students from Alaska, Nevada or Wyoming may apply for WICHE funding through the WICHE office online.
3035 Center Green Drive, Suite 200
Boulder, CO 80301-2204