ISU Family Dentistry
Phone: (208) 373-1855
Fax: (208) 373-1856
ISU Meridian Health Science Center
1311 E. Central Dr.
Meridian, ID 83642
Tuesday - Thursday
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
The ISU Family Dentistry Clinic is sponsored by the Idaho Advanced General Dentistry Program, an Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency. Residents provide comprehensive general dentistry including: preventative dentistry, periodontal surgery, cosmetic dentistry, and sedation dentistry.
Our Residents provide comprehensive general dentistry including oral surgery, implants, endodontics (root canals), prosthodontics (crowns, bridges, and dentures), hospital dentistry, pediatric dentistry, and preventive care for children and adults. We also offer orthodontic options like Invisalign.
At our Residency, every patient is important. We delight in helping each patient achieve their oral health goals, taking the time to fully understand their needs and concerns, and thoroughly discussing their treatment options. Our caring professional staff takes pride in delivering the highest quality care and the best service to all their patients.
Comprehensive dental services provided for adults and children include:
- Comprehensive Exam: Your first visit includes a comprehensive oral examination which includes: a review of medical and dental histories, oral cancer examination, periodontal evaluation, a full series of digital x-rays inclusive of bitewings, periapical, and panoramic imaging, and a comprehensive evaluation of the dentition.
Preventative dental services provided for adults and children include:
- Professional Cleaning: You will receive a thorough cleaning to remove calculus, plaque, and common stains from your teeth followed by flossing and polishing.
- Deep Cleaning: Deep cleanings are used to treat periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is an infection that affects the gum tissues and bone that support the teeth. Untreated, periodontal disease can lead to tooth loss. Plaque and tartar deposits are removed through the use of an ultrasonic cleaner.
- Sealants: A sealant is a material applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth where decay occurs most often. Sealants form a barrier that keeps out plaque and food and helps to reduce the risk of tooth decay.
- Fluoride: Fluoride is recommended for patients of all ages and helps strengthen teeth and prevents tooth decay.
- Patient Education: Individualized plan for optimal oral health.
On-site periodontal surgeries provided for adults and children include:
- Root Canals
- IV Conscious Sedation
- Dental Gas
- Other Surgical Procedures
Hospital-based surgery is also available for children.
On-site cosmetic dentistry procedures provided for adults and children include:
- Fillings: Restorative white and amalgam fillings.
- Veneers: A veneer is a custom-made shell that covers the front side of the tooth. Veneers are used to treat spaces between teeth and teeth that are permanently stained, crooked, chipped, or worn.
- Dental Implants: An artificial tooth that is surgically placed to replace lost teeth or provide support for dentures.
- Crowns: Dental crowns cover the natural crown of a tooth or are used to support a dental bridge.
- Bridges: Dental bridges are fixed or removable teeth used to replace missing teeth.
- Dentures: Full dentures are used to replace the entire set of teeth, top, and bottom, and partial dentures are used to replace a few teeth. Partial dentures can be attached to natural teeth or crowns.
- Invisalign: Orthodontic treatment using clear, removable liners that gradually straighten your teeth. They are the clear alternative to metal braces for kids, teens, and adults.
- Tooth Whitening: Tooth whitening is sometimes referred to as “bleaching” and is a procedure used to whiten or brighten discolored or stained teeth.
Our state-of-the-art facility allows us to use the newest technology available to ensure that you receive the best quality care.
- Digital Office (paperless office)
- Digital X-Rays
- Panoramic imaging
- On-site CAD/CAM unit used to create dental prostheses including crowns, crown lays, veneers, inlays and inlays, bridges, dental implants, and dentures.
- CBCT 3D imaging creates a 3D image of your teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways, and bone in a single scan.
Make an Appointment
Call (208) 373-1855 to schedule an appointment.
- Clinic Hours: Tuesday - Thursday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Friday, 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Consent forms are traditionally sent via DocuSign to your email account. If you are unable to sign consent forms electronically, paper copies are also available for your covenience. Please print and return with you on the day of your appointment.
- Patient Registration
- Dental History
- Preliminary Acceptance Meridian
- Residency Authorization
- Sliding Fee Scale_Dental
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Acknowledgement of Privacy Practices
ISU provides free parking for clinic patients/clients:
- Clinic parking is outlined in yellow directly in front of the ISU Meridian Clinics' entrance.
- The parking area is located on the southwest side of the building facing I-84.
After Hours Care
If you are experiencing an after hour dental emergency, please contact us at (208) 921-5136. If the call is not answered, please leave a voice mail and the Resident on call will return your call as soon as possible. If you are unsure if your situation is an emergency, please call 911 and allow the dispatcher to help you decide if you need care at a local emergency care center or your Dentist.
What is a Dental Emergency?
- Shooting, severe, persistent pain
- Excessive bleeding from the gums or tooth area
- Knocked out tooth
- A chipped tooth with sharp edges
- An infection like an abscess, which can be potentially fatal if ignored
- Loose or wiggly teeth (adults only)
How can I treat my symptoms at home before I get care?
- If your tooth has been knocked out, keep it moist! Attempt to place the tooth back into its socket. Try not to touch the root. If that is not possible, hold it between your cheek and gums or put it in a container of milk. Contact us immediately or go to the ER.
- If your tooth has cracked, rinse your mouth with warm water and try to clean the area as best you can. Cold compress your face to help keep swelling down.
- If you severely bite your tongue or lip, try and clean the area as best you can and apply a cold compress.
- For severe toothaches, immediately rinse your mouth with warm water. Look for food caught between teeth and floss if possible.
- If you have an object stuck in between your teeth, try to remove gently with floss. Do not, under any circumstances, use a sharp object.
Timothy Huff, DDS
Clinical Site Director
- Jason Gopaul, DDS
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
- Jason Jurca, DDS
University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Kevin Kordi, DMD
SIU School of Dental Medicine
- Michael Robinson, DMD
University of Louisville School of Dentistry
- Cheryl Roach
Dental Reception Coordinator
- Christa Roberts
- Holly Ivie
- Gina Peel
- Kathy Peterson
- Sandy Shetler
- Ramiza Huzejrovic
- Insurance: The clinic accepts and bills all dental insurance plans including Medicaid for adults with disabilities and children less than 21 years of age. We currently do not have any adult medicaid openings.
- Non-Covered Services: Services that are non-covered may be discounted using a sliding fee schedule based upon family size and income.
Some services are non-covered or may be subject to your deductible.
- Payment, including co-pays, is expected at the time of service.
- We accept cash, check, and visa/debit payments.
- We also accept Care Credit.
- Ask about our income-based sliding scale.
- Click here to make an online payment:
What is a residency clinic?
Idaho State University sponsors the Idaho Advanced General Dentistry Program, an Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency. The goal of the program includes increasing the knowledge and clinical skills of the general dentist beyond that achieved in the pre-doctoral education. Through an integrated multidisciplinary learning environment, residents are able to increase their competence in the application of modern standards of care and practice management.
This one-year residency focuses on providing comprehensive care in a variety of clinical settings, emphasizing rural, underserved, and at risk populations. Residents also receive training with patients who have emergency or episodic needs. A certificate is awarded upon the successful completion of the program.
The Meridian site includes:
- State-of-the-art facility that opened in 2011 with $1.5 million in funding from Delta Dental of Idaho Community Outreach and the Idaho Legislature.
- 12 clinical treatment rooms, including 2 surgical suites
- Videoconferencing capability
- X-ray and sterilization lab
- CAD/CAM unit
- CBCT 3D imaging
Can your clinic put patient to sleep for dental treatment?
Yes, ISU Family Dentistry has several different types of sedation. Make your appointment for a consultation to see what works best you.
How much will my dental treatment cost?
At your first initial appointment, we will complete an initial examination, x-ray and create a treatment plan with an itemized cost.
Do you take insurance?
We accept all insurance and provide a sliding fee scale for those with limited incomes.
If I have dental x-rays already, can they be sent to you?
Yes, please have your x-rays sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.