Professional & Respectful Behavior
Examples of unprofessional behavior in the teaching laboratory:
- Talking poorly about and/or scapegoating the faculty & staff (i.e. coordinators, lecture instructors, supply supervisors), other lab instructors, lab content and activities, lecture content
- Talking excessively about your personal life.
- Teaching by way of the cult of personality and not the lab structure and content.
- Using swear words.
- Talking about drinking or how much you partied the night before.
- Allowing students to cheat.
B. Maintain a professional relationship with the students as stated in Faculty Student Relationships ISUPP 4080. Friendships or romances with your students are not recommended. If it is necessary, please wait until after grades have been submitted to the registrars by the lecture instructors.
C. Comply with the U.S. Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). Please read: ISU Faculty/Staff & FERPA.
D. Comply with ISU Policy and Procedures for academic dishonesty.
E. Comply with ISU Policy and Procedures for disruptive behavior.
F. Comply with Disability Policy and Procedures.