Idaho Falls - Lab set up and break down
Before teaching each lab course:
- Set up the lab using the supplies in CHE 107 and from the Pocatello tote.
- Computers (if used)
- Microscopes (if used):
- Check Kohler illumination
- Clean ocular and objective lenses
- Leave in starting position; 4x down, binocular head forward, light off
After teaching each lab course:
- CHE 107 supplies - cleaned and put back where they were found.
- Pocatello tote supplies - put back in totes and transport back to Pocatello.
- Clean and organize:
- Nothing should be left on student benches or the large lab back benches.
- Wipe down all benches including student benches (students can do this)
- Stools need to be placed on the benches seat side down so it will be easier to sweep and mop.
- Empty the garbage into the large container cart in the hallway.
- Use the broom and mop to clean up any major messes on the floors.
- Put away (students can do this).
- Lock the microscope cabinet and place the key in its storage location.
- Turn off and unplug the hot water bath if it was used during lab.