Idaho State University's College of Education is starting a new cohort for the Master in Special Education beginning in Fall 2021. This online master’s degree is for K-12 teachers seeking to become special education teachers with our initial certification or enhance their understanding of exceptional education techniques through the use of evidence-based strategies, behavior techniques. The program has an emphasis on behavior management and techniques used in classroom instruction.
- Public School Special Education Educator
- Instructional Coach
- Special Education Interventionist
- Community College Developmental Assessment
- Resource Teacher
- Private School Special Educator
- Alternative School Education Educator
- Charter School Literacy Specialist
- Higher Education Developmental Educator
- Community Human Exceptionality Consultant
Applicants for the Master of Education in Special Education must apply to and meet all criteria for admission to the Graduate School and all college requirements for admission and retention.
Individuals applying for admission to the Master of Education program in Special Education must meet the following admission requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States, or its equivalent from a school in another country.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher for all upper-division credits taken at the undergraduate level.
- No GRE required for admittance at this time
- Applications for a Fall start will be given preference if submitted by June 15 and the application will close August 1st
- Applications for a Spring start will be given preference if submitted by November 15 and the application will closed December 1st.
See the ISU Graduate Catalog for information on other policies, including admission, transfer credits, enrollment status, maximum course loads, graduation deadlines, etc.
Curriculum and Course Information
|Course||Course Name||Fall 2021||Spring 2022||Summer 2022||Fall 2022|
|EDUC 6602||Theories of Learning||3|
|EDUC 6601||Research and Writing||3|
|EDUC 6610||Applied Statistics||3|
|SCPY 6614 OR 6673||Response to Instruction in Schools||3|
|IET 5517||Interdisciplinary Education Team||1|
|SPED 6638||Internship in Special Education||6|
|SPED 6662||Consultation in Schools||2|
|SPED 5543||Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders||3|
|SPED 6633||The Behaviorally Maladjusted Child||3|
|SPED 5533||The Emotionally Disturbed Child||3|
Options for thesis project or written exam