How To Become A Teacher
Through our programs, you can become certified to teach in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education.
Taskstream by Watermark
Taskstream is the home for your teacher education experience. As needed, you will upload assignments, assessment reports, and portfolio artifacts. Taskstream is intended to provide transparent communication between advisors, faculty, and education candidates.
Students purchase Taskstream directly online at the Taskstream Website. It is the responsibility of each teacher education candidate to ensure that he/she has an active Taskstream account, is enrolled in the correct folio(s), and submits his/her assignments to the correct evaluator.
How to Use Taskstream
Step 1: Admission to Teacher Education
Please meet with your advisor at least once per semester. Applications are submitted to the Kent Center. Program admission occurs at the end of freshman year.
Program Admission Requirements
- Must complete a background check
- Go to castlebranch.com, package code is id08 (id zero eight)
- Cost is $40
- Must print a copy of your completed background check to include your application packet
- Idaho Code of Ethics Acknowledgement
- Completed Application to Teacher Education Form
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
More information about our Teacher Education Program Admission.
Step 2: Preparation for Student Teaching
All teacher candidates must meet Gateway 1 requirements before starting this gateway. Completion of these requirements allows candidates to advance to Gateway 3. Applications for student teaching are due 1 year prior to the semester you have applied to student teach.
*Note items that must be submitted through Taskstream by Watermark.
- College of Education Disposition Acknowledgement
- Praxis II test^
- Idaho Comprehensive Literacy Assessment^
^Requires additional fees
Step 3: Exit from Student Teaching
All education majors must meet the listed requirements in order to graduate and get certified.
- Teacher Education Portfolio
- Student Teaching (Pass/Fail)
- Idaho Professional Learning Plan (IPLP) and Common Summative Assessment (CSA).
Idaho State University Teacher Education Requirements Checklist
Dr. Jamie Webster
Advising Coordinator, Undergraduate Advising Center