Frequently Asked Questions in the Kent Center
- Go to castlebranch.com. The package code is id08 (id zero eight) and continue to fill out the form.
The cost is $40 to complete. You must print a copy of your completed background check and include it in your application packet.
Applications are reviewed weekly as they are received. Please be sure to submit a complete packet. An incomplete packet will delay your admission to the program. Completed packets can be turned in at the Kent Center in the College of Education Building or mailed to:
Idaho State University
College of Education, Kent Center
921 S. 8th Ave. Stop 8059
Pocatello, ID 83209
MAT candidates should meet with their advisor.
The following items must be submitted to the Office of Field Experience one year prior to student teaching.
- Completed Student Teaching Application Form.
- Letter of Introduction. Letter of Introduction Template.
- Pay the $50.00 student teaching application fee to the Office of Field Experience.
- Deliver to the Office of Field Experience:
- Completed Background Check Form, and
- A check made out to the Idaho Department of Education. The necessary forms can be picked up in the Office of Field Experience.
- Plan of Study showing that all coursework is complete
- This can be done one semester prior to student teaching.
- Work with the Advising Coordinator for help.
- Evidence of passing scores on the ICLA exams.
- Evidence of passing scores on all required Praxis II exams uploaded into Taskstream.
There is a $50.00 late fee for late applications, incomplete applications, and requests for reassignments that take place after placements are made.
Required Exam Information
- You can register for the Praxis II Exam by visiting the Educational Testing Service (ETS) online or call the toll free line at 1-800-853-6773.
- You may enter your zip code and may take the test at your closest testing center. Please be sure to select Idaho State as the University to receive your test scores. When registering, payment for the test(s) must be made with a credit card.
Candidates are enrolled in the Praxis Study Materials Moodle Room. If you do not have access, please contact our office and we will enroll you in the Moodle Room at (208) 282-2783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The COE also has a Praxis Practice Lab in which students can take free full-length Praxis Practice tests. To schedule a practice test, please contact our offices at (208) 282-2783 or email email@example.com.
All candidates in Elementary, Early Childhood Blended, and Special Education need to pass all four ICLA standard assessments prior to student teaching.
Secondary Education candidates need to pass standards 2 and 4 beginning in spring 2020 prior to student teaching. Please refer to the ICLA registration flyer for specific dates. The passing score is 70%.
You will receive an ETS report in the mail/email with your Praxis scores.
- Praxis Core scores need to be scanned and uploaded to Gateway 1 - Program Admission Application > Application > Praxis Core Scores
- Praxis II scores need to be scanned and uploaded to Gateway 2 - CERT > Internship Requirements > Praxis II
You will need to turn in to the State Department of Education:
- Completed Idaho Educator Certification Application
- Check for $75 made payable to Idaho Department of Education
- Official transcripts from every school you have attended
- Copies of your Praxis II scores
- Institutional Recommendation Letter
For more information about the types of certifications check out our certification website.