What is a Standing Purchase Order?
A Standing Purchase Order is the method for placing reoccurring orders which will require multiple payments over a period of time. Some examples are: maintenance/service contracts, auto parts for transportation department from a specific vendor.
When to use:
- The goods or services are reoccurring purchases.
- The order involves variable dollar amounts and/or quantities.
- The goods or services on an order may change over time.
- The maximum order amount may need to be adjusted over time.
- The order has specific contract start and end dates.
With a few minor exceptions, Standing Orders are entered into Banner just like any other Requisition.
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8110 Pocatello, ID 83209
Administration Building, Room 114
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MT
Requisitions to encumber FY 2019 funds are to be received by Purchasing Services:
- No later than March 15 if value of the purchase is $250,000 or greater,
- No later than May 3 if the value of the purchase is less than $250,000.
- Grant funded requisitions requiring delivery of goods by the end of June must be received by Purchasing Services no later than March 15.
The last day to create Purchase Orders for FY2019 is June 14. Items ordered for FY 2019 must be received by Jun 28, 2019.
P-Card purchases to encumber FY 2019 funds are to be completed by the following dates:
- To place order... no later than June 14
- Orders must be received... no later than June 25
- P-Card holder must reconcile... no later than June 25
- Final P-Card approval... no later than July 8