Regular Purchase Orders
What is a Regular Purchase Order?
A Regular Purchase Order is a method for placing orders for a one-time purchase and payment for line item goods that have a specific quantity and unit price. Typical examples include purchases of furniture, computers, equipment, and rentals. Regular Purchase Orders require a receiving report.
When to use:
- The goods or services are a one time purchase.
- The order involves a specific quantity and unit price.
- When ordering computers, printers or handheld devices over $300.00.
- Any type of asset $2,000 or more that will require a property tag.
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8110 Pocatello, ID 83209
Administration Building, Room 114
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MT
Requisitions to encumber FY 2019 funds are to be received by Purchasing Services:
- No later than March 15 if value of the purchase is $250,000 or greater,
- No later than May 3 if the value of the purchase is less than $250,000.
- Grant funded requisitions requiring delivery of goods by the end of June must be received by Purchasing Services no later than March 15.
The last day to create Purchase Orders for FY2019 is June 14. Items ordered for FY 2019 must be received by Jun 28, 2019.
P-Card purchases to encumber FY 2019 funds are to be completed by the following dates:
- To place order... no later than June 14
- Orders must be received... no later than June 25
- P-Card holder must reconcile... no later than June 25
- Final P-Card approval... no later than July 8