Credit card picture with text: Pcard, need pcard information?

The ISU Purchasing Card (PCard) is a Visa card available for faculty and staff, designed to reduce the use of petty cash funds, small-dollar purchase orders, and eliminate the use of personal funds. PCard usage is restricted to ISU business purchases only, and may not be used for personal expenditures or ISU travel related purchases.

All PCard users are:

  • Required to abide by all ISU purchasing policies when purchasing with the ISU PCard.
  • Subject to the PCard Policy in addition to the mandatory PCard training course.
  • Eligible to apply for a PCard, if you are an ISU faculty or staff member and with department/unit approval.

Oversight for the PCard program is provided by the University PCard Administrator and designated individuals administering the program in each department. The Purchasing Department monitors compliance with the PCard program policies and procedures.

How Do I Get A New PCard?

  1. Fill out a PCard New Cardholder Application
  2. Send completed application to
  3. When Purchasing receives the PCard application, an invitation will be sent with instructions on how to take mandatory Moodle training.
  4. After training has been completed, call 282-3112 to set up a time to obtain your new ISU PCard.

Purchasing will process your application as quickly as possible. PCards are normally received within 10 business days. 

Helpful Links



You no longer need to have an Amazon Prime account unless you are streaming videos or books. As of February 1, 2017, Amazon has started charging tax. In order to get onto ISU's business account that is tax exempt, you will need to email requesting an invitation to ISU's business account for Amazon.

PCards are intended for small dollar purchases of products and supplies needed during the course of business.  The following examples are not all inclusive but are given to help the cardholder determine appropriateness:

  • Advertising Expense (such as: newspapers, magazines, web, and other media)
  • Automotive Parts
  • Books
  • Building Supplies
  • Classroom Audio and Visual Aids
  • Classroom Teaching Models
  • Computer Repair Parts
  • Computer Supplies, ie. CD’s, DVD’s, Flash Keys, Toner, etc.
  • Electrical Material
  • Field Supplies
  • Hardware
  • Lab Supplies
  • Non-Employee and Student Recruitment Expenses for Job or Recruiting Candidate Airfare and Lodging
  • Office/Class Supplies (use state contracts)
  • Petty Cash Items
  • Photography Supplies
  • Plumbing
  • Repair/Spare Parts
  • Short-Term Equipment Rentals
  • Subscriptions
  • Tools
  • Training/Conference Registration Held at an Employee Workstation
  • Travel of Non-Employees (not receiving payment for fees)
  • Work-Related Licenses
  • Work-Related Membership
  • Work-Related Organizational Fees

Any purchase not approved by your department in advance, above account limits, or not allowed by University policy is considered unauthorized.  The following examples are not all inclusive but are given to help the cardholder determine appropriateness:

  • Alcoholic Beverages
  • Ammunition
  • Capital Expenditures $2,000 or more
  • Cash Advances
  • Cellular Phones, Monthly Contract Fees
  • Computers
  • Controlled Substances
  • Donations
  • Firearms
  • Fuel for Personal or Rented Vehicles
  • Gift Cards
  • Gifts
  • Laptops
  • Live Animals
  • Payment to ISU Departments
  • Personal Expenses
  • Photocopiers and Printers with Hard Drives
  • Prepaid Phone Card
  • Prizes
  • Radioactive Materials
  • Salaries
  • Scholarships
  • Software (please contact the purchasing department first)
  • Stipends
  • Travel -Employee Related (Refer to the Travel Card)
  • Tuition and Fees
  • Wages


It is very important that you review PCard charges frequently to ensure there are no fraudulent charges on the account.

  1. Call Bank of America – Fraud Department at 1-866-500-8262, Lost or Stolen at 888-449-2273, within 24 hours of discovering loss, theft, or fraudulent use.
  2. Review the last charge that you made with your PCard, so that the bank can give you credit for any fraudulent usage.
  3. Contact purchasing and your department immediately via e-mail. In the e-mail be sure to reference the last four digits of your current card #. Provide a brief summary of what has occurred, listing transaction details for the fraudulent charge(s).
  4. After reporting the card to Bank of America, the card should be destroyed if present. 

Data Compromised PCards

As a reminder, cardholders potentially impacted by third-party data compromises will have a new card issued but will be able to safely continue using the current card while waiting for the replacement card to arrive.  While it is not always convenient to replace cards, one new benefit your cardholders may enjoy is the ability to personalize their PINs.  Every replacement card is enabled with PIN selection capability.

If a card needs to be replaced, card holders will receive an email notification explaining why the card was reissued and the date the current card will deactivate.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How long will cardholders have to receive and activate the new card? The current card will deactivate 30 days after Bank of America replaces the card.
  • Do cardholders need to re-register for Global Card Access with the new card? No, cardholders can simply sign in to the existing account to view their PIN and manage alerts online through Global Card Access.  (Global Card Access User's Guide)
    Registration and new card verification will require the cardholder’s Verification ID and other account information. Every new chip card we issue within our U.S. and Canada portfolios will allow the cardholder the opportunity to customize their own 4-digit pin.
  • Will the PIN number change? No, the PIN will remain the same.  However, your cardholders may choose to personalize their PIN.  Instructions for creating a custom PIN are included in the card mailer you will receive when you pick up your new card.
  • Does the new card require activation? Yes, the cardholder will need to activate the card by calling 888-233-8855 once it’s received. Activation may require a Verification ID. Purchasing can assist with this process.
  • When will the replacement card be visible in Works and/or Payment Center? You will be able to view the replacement card prior to receiving it.
  • Can this process be used when fraudulent transactions occur? No, this process is only used for proactive replacement of third-party compromised cards. Any cards with fraudulent transactions must be closed immediately.

Your PCard maybe declined for the following:

  • You have exceeded your single, daily, or monthly limit. 
  • The vendor you are using could be restricted from use by its Merchant Category Code. 
  • The bank has a security concern (you haven't used your card for awhile). A "fraud alert" may be placed on the card and will not be removed until the cardholder contacts the bank to verify that the transactions are legitimate charges. 
  • Verify the phone number is 208-282-3111 and the address is 638 E. Dunn.

It is important to update profile information as changes occur. Use the PCard Maintenance Form to make changes to your cardholder profile (e.g., changes to your name, approvers, reconciler, address, or email).

Request changes to your credit limit. If you need to increase or decrease your limit, use the PCard Maintenance Form to request changes. Requests must include a clear business purpose for an increase, along with a detailed justification from the PCard holder. The form must be signed by the unit administrator or the expense approver. Limit increases require approval from Procurement Services. Increases will be approved for a temporary period, rather than permanent increases in credit limits.

The form must be signed by your supervisor, and when applicable, Vice President or Dean.

Temporary one-time single transaction increases require approval from Procurement Department. Please send an email to with a detailed justification.

If you have lost your pin for your PCard, you will need to login to Global Card Access to obtain it.


Wendy Holder

Senior Buyer

PCARD Administrator

Office: Purchasing Office


Jenny Stilling

Technical Records Specialist 1

PCARD Support

Office: Purchasing Office


Alida Van Etten

Technical Records Specialist 1

(Backup) PCARD


Office: Purchasing Office


Purchasing Services

(208) 282-3111

Idaho State University

Purchasing Services

921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8110 Pocatello, ID 83209

Administration Building, Room 114


Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MT


Federal Grant Funded Procurements:

Idaho State University has delayed the implementation of the Uniform Guidance Procurement Standards until July 1, 2018, as provided by the waiver of the procurement rules stated in Section 200.110 of the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR Part 200). In the interim, Idaho State University will follow the previous procurement standards according to OMB Circular A-110.



921 South 8th Avenue
Pocatello, Idaho, 83209

Discover opportunity at Idaho State University