About Purchasing at ISU
We are located on the first floor of the Administration Building at Idaho State University, room 114.
Purchasing Services supports the overall mission of Idaho State University by providing a variety of goods and services responsive to the needs of our students, faculty, and staff.
We are committed to providing timely and cost-effective service while maintaining the guidelines set forth by ISU and the State of Idaho. Involving us early in high-dollar or complex purchases will yield the best results.
Each buyer is responsible for different purchases at the University. For a breakdown of who buys what, please view our list of assigned commodities.
Contact us with any questions.
- Supplier relationship management
- Procurement process management
- Contract review and completion
- Requests for information, proposal, and quotation
- Negotiation with suppliers
- Development and administration of strategic, University-wide contracts
- Administration of the University procurement card program
- Problem resolution
- Deliver the best overall value that includes the lowest reasonable price
- Implement best practices for cost containment
- Operate within a strict code of ethics
- Ensure procurement compliance with Idaho code
- Maintain a diverse supplier base
- Identify and recommend environmentally-responsible purchasing practices
Delegation of Signature Authority
The Purchasing Department has been granted the authority to commit funds on behalf of the University. In most cases, this is done in the form of a purchase order or contract which binds the University and supplier.
With few exceptions, individuals within units are not authorized to enter into contracts or commit University funds. Doing so is not binding to the University and may put the individual at risk of being personally liable for the transaction.
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8110 Pocatello, ID 83209
Administration Building, Room 114
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MT
P-Cards authorized for Chartwells Catering