Prerequisite Requirements from Idaho State University
This is a list of the Idaho State University courses that will meet the program's prerequisite requirements. These courses have prerequisite requirements. Please consult with an ISU Pre-Health Professions Advisor to determine if additional course work is required. Contact the ISU PA Program at 208-282-4726 if you have any questions.
**Indicates ISU requires a co-requisite lab.
- BIOL 2221 Introductory Microbiology**, OR
- BIOL 2235 General Microbiology**
- BIOL 4432 Biochemistry, OR
- BIOL 4445 Biochemistry I OR
- BIOL 4447 Biochemistry II, OR
- NTD 4461 Nutritional Biochemistry I, OR
- NTD 4485 Nutritional Biochemistry II
- BIOL 3301 Human Anatomy & Physiology I** AND
- BIOL 3302 Human Anatomy & Physiology II**
- PSYC 3301 Abnormal Psychology I, OR
- Developmental Psychology through the Lifespan which requires all three of the following courses:
- PSYC 2225 Child Development AND
- PSYC 3332 Psychology of Adolescence AND
- PSYC 3344 Adult Development & Aging
- MATH 1153 Introduction to Statistics, OR
- PSYC 2227 Basic Statistics, OR
- SOC 3309 Social Statistics
Highly Recommended Courses:
(Please note: This list is not meant to be all inclusive and includes suggestions only!)
- Upper level biology courses such as:
- Advanced Anatomy (BIOL 4420 Musculo-Skeletal Anatomy, BIOL 4470 Cross-Sectional Anatomy)
- Advanced Human Physiology (BIOL 3304 Comparative Functional Morphology and Physiology, BIOL 4449 - Human Physiology I, BIOL 4456 Human Physiology II, BIOL 4464 Lectures in Human Physiology, BIOL 4486 Human Systemic Physiology
- Immunology (BIOL 4451 Immunology, BIOL 4454 Advanced Immunology)
- Genetics (BIOL 3358 Genetics, BIOL 4461 Advanced Genetics)
- Endocrinology (BIOL 4443 Endocrinology)
- Other health-related courses from departments such as Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Health Education, and Gender Studies.
- Proficiency in a foreign language, especially Spanish
All applicants are expected to possess computer literacy (either through course work or experience) which includes a basic understanding of the operation of a Windows pc, word processing, file management, spreadsheets, and the Internet.