The Bachelor of Science (BS) program in Civil Engineering (CE) is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
The following Educational Objectives have been established:
- Graduates will apply technical knowledge in complex engineering projects and obtain professional licensure.
- Graduates will be professionally competent, evidenced by leadership, teamwork, management, and communication skills.
- Graduates will engage in professional development, life-long learning, and service to their profession and society.
- Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- Ability to design and conduct experiment, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economics, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written, oral, and graphical media.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, and societal contexts. Importance of engineering contribution in a global and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
|Academic Year||Undergrad Enrollment||BS Degrees Awarded|
Civil & Environmental Engineering