Master of Science in Civil Engineering
Jared Todd Cantrell
Corey Gilbert Marshall
Nathaniel Seth Oldham
Master of Science in Environmental Engineering
Austin Cody Mathus
Master of Science in Environmental Science Management
Preston Paul Hymas
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Kandash Abdullah Alsaiaari
Joshua John Ball
Rogelio Del Bosque
Kaushal Raj Ghimire
Kathryn Erika Hogarth#**
Rafael Nunez Martinez
Kshitiz Bilas Shrestha
Rachel Anna Millie Sutton Telford
Jesus Alfonso Villa
Michael A. Zander
* Cum Laude | ** Magna Cum Laude | *** Summa Cum Laude | # Graduate of the University Honors Program
Additional Civil & Environmental Engineering Information for COVID-19
- Contact your faculty advisor. If you are not assigned one, please e-mail the department chair, Dr. Bruce Savage (email@example.com)
- Please reach out to your Professors with course-specific questions
- Please reach out to your advisor (see above) with degree or advising questions
- For any other questions, please contact the Department Chair, Dr. Bruce Savage ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
The engineering office will continue to be open during most business hours, M-F 8 am - 5 pm (except for lunch and other short periods). Students can also call 208-282-2902 for more information.
Civil & Environmental Engineering
Civil Engineering is a broad field in engineering with many different specialties to choose from. The Civil Engineering Program at ISU can prepare you for success in all areas. The average starting salary for a Civil Engineer graduate is roughly $52,000 year. Some of the exciting careers available deal with the planning, construction, and maintenance of fixed structures, or public works, as they are related to earth, water, or civilization and their processes. ISU offers both an Undergraduate Program and a Graduate Program Civil Engineering Program. What are you waiting for? Apply here.
The Bachelor of Science (BS) program in Civil Engineering (CE) is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Our mission is to educate the next generation of civil engineers and leaders to develop sustainable infrastructures and to advance the state of the profession. We strive for close student-faculty relations through a small effective educational setting in a friendly environment. We prepare traditional and nontraditional students to succeed in professional practice.
Program Educational Objectives
The following Educational Objectives have been established:
- Graduates will apply technical knowledge in complex engineering projects and obtain professional licensure.
- Graduates will be professionally competent, evidenced by leadership, teamwork, management, and communication skills.
- Graduates will engage in professional development, life-long learning, and service to their profession and society.
- Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Ability to design and conduct experiment, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economics, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written, oral, and graphical media.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, and societal contexts. Importance of engineering contribution in a global and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Undergrad Enrollment||BS Degrees Awarded|