Idaho LAUNCH grants provide graduating high school seniors with an opportunity to have up to 80% of their tuition and fees covered, up to $8,000, for programs leading to in-demand careers, including Civil Engineering. Additionally, students who receive Idaho LAUNCH grants have the option to combine them with other scholarships offered by Idaho State University.
Additional Civil and Environmental Engineering Information for COVID-19
- Contact your faculty advisor. If you are not assigned one, please e-mail the department chair, Dr. Bruce Savage (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please reach out to your Professors with course-specific questions
- Please reach out to your advisor (see above) with degree or advising questions
- For any other questions, please contact the Department Chair, Dr. Bruce Savage (email@example.com)
The engineering office will continue to be open during most business hours, M-F 8 am - 5 pm (except for lunch and other short periods). Students can also call 208-282-2902 for more information.
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Civil Engineering is a broad field in engineering with many different specialties to choose from. The Civil Engineering Program at ISU can prepare you for success in all areas. The average starting salary for a Civil Engineer graduate is about $72,000 year. Some of the exciting careers available deal with the planning, construction, and maintenance of fixed structures, or public works, as they are related to earth, water, or civilization and their processes. ISU offers both an Undergraduate Program and a Graduate Program Civil Engineering Program. What are you waiting for? Apply here.
Our mission is to educate the next generation of civil engineers and leaders to develop sustainable infrastructures and to advance the state of the profession. We strive for close student-faculty relations through a small effective educational setting in a friendly environment. We prepare traditional and nontraditional students to succeed in professional practice.
Program Educational Objectives
The following Educational Objectives have been established:
- Graduates will apply technical knowledge in complex engineering projects and obtain professional licensure.
- Graduates will be professionally competent, evidenced by leadership, teamwork, management, and communication skills.
- Graduates will engage in professional development, life-long learning, and service to their profession and society.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Undergrad Enrollment||BS Degrees Awarded|