Structural Dynamics Lab
This facility is used for shake table testing of structural and non-structural models.
- Uni-directional horizontal shake table with MTS servo-valve actuator, 10 kips capacity, ±3” stroke, 31 in/sec velocity, 50 Hz 4.5 ft. x 4.5 ft.
- Uni-directional vertical shake table with MTS servo-valve actuator, 3 kips capacity, ±3” stroke, 31 in/sec velocity, 50 Hz, 2 ft. x 2 ft.
- Clearance height of 12 ft.
- Two Spectral Dynamics PUMA Controller software integrated with data acquisition system (10 channels), antialiasing filters, and sampling rate in excess of 2,000 Hz
- Two 50HP powerful hydraulic pumps with 22 GPM capacity and manifolds for the hydraulic actuators
- One extra servo-valve MTS dynamic actuator, 10 kips capacity and ±3” stroke, 31 in/sec velocity
- Accelerometers, Load Cells, LVDTs, Potentiometers, and Strain Gauges
- State-of-the-art Laser Vibrometer Test Setup, data acquisition, controller, and all others accessories
Faculty Contact Information:
Ph.D., P.E., CPEng, IntPE(NZ), M.ASCE, CMEngNZ – Assistant Professor and Faculty Advisor for ASCE Student Chapter
Ph.D., P.E. - Professor and Director of M.S. Program in Civil Engineering