Pocatello - Lab set up and break down
All lab instructors must aid in lab set up. Typically, set up and break down will last between 1-2 hours and will be held during the lab instructor meeting.
- Supplies & materials, glassware, tools, instruments, etc. from the previous lab exercise will be gathered and returned to the stock room OR their appropriate place in the teaching lab (see instructor manual).
- Benches will be wiped down including student benches with chairs tucked under bench.
- Supplies will be delivered from the stockroom OR their appropriate place in the teaching lab (see instructor manual).
- All supplies needed for the lab will be prepared, labeled, and placed in the appropriate work station before lab begins.
At the end of each lab period, instructors must:
- Check the supply of lab materials at each station, prepare and refill low materials before the next lab. If you run out of materials contact the stock room.
- Organize the lab materials at the instructor bench AND at each student stations.
- Refill the paper towel dispensers.
- Make sure the students wipe down the student benches with bleach wipes before the post-quiz.
- Make sure that the students wipe down the computer keyboards, computer mouse, and microscope knobs with bleach wipes before the post-quiz.
- Wipe down the instructor and sink benches bleach wipes.
- Check that microscopes are in the storage position and clean.
- Prepare dirty glassware for the stockroom.
- Place waste materials in the appropriate waste container