facebook pixel Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University home

Grade Change Procedures

If an error has been made in recording or reporting grades, the instructor may initiate a grade change. If a student believes an error has occurred, the student should contact the instructor.

A paper Change of Grade form must be filled out and submitted to the Office of the Registrar whenever grading has closed for the current semester and a grade change is required. A paper "Change of Grade" form is also required for any change of grade from a previous semester (e.g. Incomplete, Not Reported, etc).

Grade forms maybe requested from department or dean's offices.  Instructors may also email reginfo@isu.edu from their ISU email account.

Note: If grading for the current semester has not closed, instructors may change a grade for individual students via the Web Grading System.

The Change of Grade form must be signed by the instructor, the department chair and the dean of the college. If a grade change is required for a graduate level course, the dean of the Graduate School must sign the form also.

Departments may choose to make copies of grade changes. Originals will not be returned to the department after processing.

The Office of the Registrar does not maintain mid-term grade changes as mid-term grades are not reported on student transcripts. Therefore, it is the instructor's responsibility to notify a student of a mid-term grade change.

To protect record integrity and security, it is essential that the Change of Grade form be delivered directly to the Office of the Registrar by the initiating department.

Grade change forms will not be accepted from the student.

For questions regarding grade changes, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (208) 282-2661.

Web Grading Policy