facebook pixel Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University home

Degree Award Information

Important Graduation Application Information:

  • Transfer Work:
  • All pending transfer work and correspondence work must be reported to a Graduation Specialist at the time of application for graduation.
  • You must complete all coursework that will apply to your program of study by the last day of the ISU semester in which you wish to graduate.
  • Official transcripts with transfer work (including correspondence courses) must be received no later than three weeks after the date of graduation.
  • All coursework must have a final grade recorded prior to officially awarding a degree.  All transfer-in-progress (TIP) grades must be resolved before a degree or certificate will be awarded.
  • Incomplete Grades:
  • All incomplete (I) grades received in ISU courses must be cleared prior to posting of degrees for Undergraduate students.
  • Change of Grade forms must be received in the Office of the Registrar no later than two weeks after the date of graduation.
  • If you earn an incomplete grade in a course taken the semester you wish to graduate, please inform a Graduation Specialist so your graduation date can be moved to a future semester.

Honors Designation

Idaho State University recognizes outstanding student scholarship in baccalaureate and associate degree graduates by granting the following distinctions:

  • Summa Cum Laude (gold honor cord): to those having an Idaho State University GPA of 3.950-4.00
  • Magna Cum Laude (silver honor cord): to those having an Idaho State University GPA of 3.750-3.949
  • Cum Laude (white honor cord): to those having an Idaho State University GPA of 3.500-3.749

Acknowledgement of academic achievement at commencement will be based on the student’s cumulative ISU GPA at the conclusion of the term prior to the ceremony. Distinction recorded on the final official transcript is based on the ISU cumulative gpa at the conclusion of the final semester.

Resident Credit

  • Coursework completed at ISU is considered Resident credit for graduation purposes.
  • Please review the ISU catalog for resident credit minimums for your certificate or degree.

Resident credit for graduate programs is addressed in the Graduate Catalog.

Please note: Resident Credit is NOT synonymous with Idaho State residency definitions for tuition purposes. For further information, please see your academic advisor, program chair, or a Graduation Specialist in the Office of the Registrar.


Undergraduate Students

Office of the Registrar

Museum Building, Room 318

(208) 282-4874, (208) 282-4113


Graduate Students

Graduate School

Museum Building, Room 401

(208) 282-2229


College of Technology Students

Student Services Office

Roy F. Christensen building, Room 184

(208) 282-2622