- Diplomas will be mailed via the United States Postal Service first class mail to the address you indicated on your graduation application.
- Diplomas should arrive 2-3 weeks after your degree has been posted to your academic record and official transcript.
You will receive an email from email@example.com letting you know when your degree has been posted and a second email from the diploma vendor (Michael Sutter Company) when your diploma has been mailed. Degree awarding may take up to five weeks. Please watch your ISU email account closely.
The diploma name must match the legal first and last name on file with Idaho State University.
To change a legal first and/or last name, on the diploma, a student must submit a Name Change Form with supporting legal documentation (Social Security Card, or passport) to the Office of the Registrar, which formally updates the University record. Please submit any legal name updates as soon as possible.
All name change request forms must be submitted one week before the last day of the term in which a student plans to graduate. Once a diploma is issued, any changes/updates to the name will require the purchase of another copy of the diploma.
The Registrar’s Office emails students if the diploma name submitted does not meet the diploma name standard outlines above. Any diploma name that does not match the legal first and last name will reverted back to the legal name on file with the university before the degree is awarded and diplomas are issued.
- Middle names may be added, removed, abbreviated or expanded as necessary
- Suffixes are permissible (ex : III)
- Periods are placed after all middle initials. If you do not want a period after your middle initial, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with this request.
- To insert a special diacritical mark or accent, please copy and paste the character from Microsoft Word into the diploma name field when you submit your application for graduation.
- Names in all capital letters will be changed to mixed case (only the first letter of each name is capitalized)
Diploma names for international students must match the exact name as it appears on their passport, visa, insurance and other official documents. Various international governments and verification agencies accept a student’s diploma as official only if it is issued under the name listed on the official university record.
Your diploma will be mailed to the address you supplied on your graduation application.
Updating your mailing or permanent address on BengalWeb will NOT change where your diploma is mailed
Notify a Graduation Specialist in the Office of the Registrar of any changes in your diploma mailing address as soon as possible. Once the information for your diploma is sent to our diploma printing vendor, the mailing address cannot be changed.
Order a Diploma Replacement
Express Diplomas may not be delivered to a PO BOX. If you place an order for an Express Diploma you must provide a physical address.
- Ordering your replacement diploma is easy using our online ordering service.
- Choose standard delivery (USPS) or express overnight (FedEx) delivery.
- Diplomas will be printed and mailed within 2-3 days of your order.
- Replacement diplomas cost $30.00
- Easily track the status of a new or replacement diploma order online.
The name printed on a replacement or duplicate diploma defaults to the legal name ISU has on file. Please refer to the Diploma Name Standard for more information. To change the name on your diploma, please submit a Name Change request form and attach the corresponding legal documentation.
You may mail your name change form to:
Idaho State University Office of the Registrar
921 S 8th Ave, Mail Stop 8196
Pocatello ID 83209-8196
Or email email@example.com for additional electronic submission options.
Order an Official eDiploma
Graduates may order an eDiploma for a fee of $15. Idaho State University eDiploma is a Signed and Certified PDF of your original paper diploma used for easy diploma verification purposes. You will receive your eDiploma within minutes of ordering. You can then share your eDiploma as often as you need.