Frequently Asked Questions
College of Education students' frequently asked questions. Don't see your question? Send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at (208) 282-2783 and we'd be happy to assist you!
How do I know what department I am in?
The College of Education has four departments:
- Organizational Learning and Performance
- Business Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Human Resource Development
- Instructional Design and Technology
- Workplace Training and Leadership
- School Psychology and Educational Leadership
- Educational Leadership
- Educational Administration
- Higher Education Administration
- K-12 Education Administration
- School Psychology
- Human Performance and Sport Studies
- Athletic Administration
- Outdoor Education
- Physical Education Teaching
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Sport Management
- Teaching and Educational Studies
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Deaf Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Music Education
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
For a detailed list of what programs fall under these departments, check out our Advising Page.
To contact a faculty member in your department check out our full faculty list.
What are the dates to apply for graduation?
Within a month of beginning a new semester, you will have the opportunity to apply for graduation. Application deadlines are as follows:
Fall graduation deadline: September 6
Spring graduation deadline: February 1
Summer graduation deadline: March 28
When is commencement?
Winter commencement for 2022 graduates will be held on Saturday, December 17.
Spring commencement for 2023 graduates is scheduled for Saturday, May 6.
How do I know if I’m on track to graduate?
You should meet with your advisor at least once a semester to ensure you are on track to graduate on time.
How do I change my major to/from Education?
To formally declare a major or to change your major, you will need to complete a Curriculum Change Request. Meet with your new department and be assigned an advisor to help you with this process.