||Blood and body fluid kits
Where: drawers of the instructor benches in each teaching laboratory.
If a blood/body fluid accident occurs:
Include: biohazard bag, 2 masks, 1 pair of goggles, 2 pairs of disposable gloves, a bottle of bleach which will need to be diluted before use, 2 kwik-wipe towelettes, 2 paper towels and instructions for clean-up.
- Put on the plastic gloves from the kit.
- Put on the safety goggles and mask if there is any possibility of the fluids contacting your mucous membranes.
- For small spills, use the Kwik-wipe towelettes.
- For larger accidents use the concentrated bleach which must be diluted with water to the line indicated on the bottle and may be used to disinfect counters, floors or any contaminated area. This must be left for 20 minutes and then wiped up with paper towels--WEAR GLOVES!
- Put all contaminated materials in the biohazard bag. The bag will be taken to the stockroom IMMEDIATELY after the clean-up and will be placed on the contamination table with a sign which reads “HUMAN CONTAMINANTS”.
- All such accidents should then be reported using the Accident Reporting Form and filed with the Laboratory Materials Supervisor on your campus and the lab coordinator.
||First Aid Kits
- Drawers/cabinets of the instructor benches in each teaching laboratory.
- In the Pocatello and Idaho Falls Stockrooms.
- Biological Sciences Office -- above sink in 228.
||Spill tamer kit -- Drawers/benches of the instructor benches in each teaching laboratory (LS 122, 261, 262, 263. CHE 107)
- At the end of each hallway (east and west)
- Room 193 -- east wall next to the fume hood
- There are no emergency showers on the second floor.
- There are showers at the ends of both hall ways on the first floor.
- Room 192 -- the wall next to the office
- Room 137--left side just inside door
- Room 138--right side on east wall
- Rooms 139, 151, 52, 153 --left side just inside door
- Rooms 237, 243 -- inside left hand (west) door
- Room 247 -- inside door
- Rooms 250, 251 -- inside right hand (west) door
- Rooms 191 & 192 - on west wall
- Room 137 -- On the wall just inside the door
- Rooms 138, 139 -- left side, just inside the door
- Room 146 (EM suite) -- right side, just inside the door
- Room 151 -- left side, just inside the door(north wall)
- Rooms 152, 153 -- right side, just inside the door
- Room 193 -- combustible metals extinguisher behind the southwest door
- Above each drinking fountain
- Rooms 261, 263 -- front (east) wall
- Room 272 -- north wall
- Front office, south of main door
||Eye washes -- There are eye wash fountains in each lab.
- Main hall just north of the elevator and stairwell
- East hall between stairwell and room 140.
||Fire hose -- Above drinking fountains in the east and west halls.
||Wheelchair -- Room 193