Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards
GUIDELINES FOR THE ORAU PRE-PROPOSALS FOR THE 2021 COMPETITION
INTERNAL PRE-PROPOSAL DEADLINE is Monday, November 30, 2020 by 5:00 pm.
Agency Deadline is Wednesday, January 6, 2021, noon EST.
ORAU invests in the future of science through award programs for young faculty. The research project must be in one of the following five disciplines:
- Engineering and Applied Science
- Life Sciences
- Mathematics/Computer Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Policy, Management, or Education
This award can include funds for faculty summer salary, graduate student salary, travel, equipment, or other assistance relevant to the faculty member’s research. ORAU does not allow overhead charges or indirect costs on the ORAU grant award or the university match.
Full-time assistant professors at ORAU member institutions within two years of their tenure track appointment at the time of application are eligible.
FUNDING SOURCE AND DURATION
Funding is provided exclusively from non-federal monies by ORAU. The award amount provided by ORAU is $5,000. The applicant’s institution is required to match the award with at least an additional $5,000. This is a one-year grant (June 1 to May 31).
LIMIT ON PROPOSALS
Because the agency restricts the number of proposals ISU can submit for this particular program, an internal competition will be held to select the proposals going forward to the agency. Specifically, each university is permitted to submit up to two applications per year.
INTERNAL PRE-PROPOSAL GUIDELINES
- INTERNAL PRE-PROPOSAL DEADLINE is Monday, November 30, 2020 by 5:00 pm.
- Submit electronically here.
- You do not need to submit through Cayuse at this time.
In a pre-proposal of no more than two (2) pages, address the items below:
1. Project Description - Include research goals and objectives and relevant background; expected research outcomes and relevance; research design and methodology; competence of the applicant to perform the proposed research; and the available research facilities and resources.
2. Budget - Include a budget outlining your required costs along with a budget justification.
- Cost-share is required by the proposal guidelines.
- All pre-proposals, including descriptions of source(s) of cost share - which must be NON-FEDERAL - must be accompanied by a letter/email of financial commitment from appropriate chairs, deans, directors, etc. Such correspondence must include the actual dollar amount that will be contributed.
- The internal pre-proposal is due Monday, November 30, by 5:00 pm.
- Acting Vice President for Research, or her designee, will review the pre-proposals that are received and selected Pl's will be notified by December 9.
- Final proposals are to be submitted and routed through Cayuse (be sure to include the cost-share form) by January 3, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Steve Wright (x2593, email@example.com).