Applications are open for the Class of 2027 to start in August 2024 in Meridian or Pocatello. Applications are due January 15, 2024.
We offer one application process for either campus. After students are accepted into the program, they will be asked about their campus preferences. After campus preferences are submitted, the admissions committee will meet to make campus assignments. While committee members will attempt to honor campus preferences, the student's preferred campus is not guaranteed.
Application Process (Meridian & Pocatello)
- Every applicant must complete an online application to the ISU Graduate School
- AND every applicant must apply to the MOT program via Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS)
Academic and other credentials will be reviewed competitively and an interview may be required prior to acceptance. Applicants should be aware that although they may meet minimal entry-level requirements it does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Although the MOT program does accept non-resident and international students, the majority of seats are given to qualified Idaho residents in accordance with the mission of the university. Students will be selected on a competitive basis. Those who are offered seats in the program and who wish to attend should submit the Acceptance Form at that time to ensure their seat is reserved.
- Transcripts for all college coursework
- OTCAS: official transcripts
- Grad School: unofficial transcripts ok, but official will be required prior to registering for
- GRE/MAT scores
- OTCAS: self-report
- Grad School: official score reports
- Documentation of at least 40 hours of volunteer or work-related experience with an occupational therapy practitioner in two different practice settings
- 3 letters of reference (one from an OT or OTA who supervised the volunteer or work experience,
one academic reference, and one personal reference)Personal statement/essay
The ISU Occupational Therapy Program accepts applications on a rolling basis, however, completed applications received by January 15th will receive preference for admissions.
All applicants to the MOT program must apply to and pay a $120 fee to the ISU Graduate School.
Applicants will also pay a fee via OTCAS for that service ($125 for 1 program, $45 for each additional program).
Successful applicants will be asked to submit an MOT Acceptance/Seat Confirmation Fee of $300.00 to:
921 S. 8th Avenue- Stop 8045
Pocatello, ID 83209.
This Acceptance/Seat Confirmation fee is applied to the student's tuition for the first semester.