Important Instructions Before Accessing BOSS:
- How to Apply in BOSS
- You must be fully admitted to qualify for scholarship opportunities.
- You must be an active “Degree-Seeking” student to apply for scholarship opportunities.
- Make sure your major is current in the ISU Student system.
- All scholarships require full-time status unless otherwise indicated.
- To be considered for any need-based scholarships, you must have your current FAFSA completed for the award year in which you are applying, prior to the scholarship opportunity deadline to be considered.
- A minimum 2.0 GPA is required for undergraduates and a minimum 3.0 GPA is required for graduate and professional students unless otherwise indicated. GPA requirements vary.
- If a LETTER OF REFERENCE is required, you will have 7 days after the application deadline to make sure it is received for scholarship consideration.
Please be prepared to provide essays, e-mail addresses of individuals who will be providing required reference letters or other documents that may be required. These documents, excluding the letters of reference (see above), must be uploaded to your online application by the scholarship opportunity deadline. The application will state if letters of reference, essays, etc. are required for a scholarship. All document attachments become the property of ISU and will not be returned.
You will want to check BOSS regularly as new scholarship opportunities are added throughout the year. If you encounter problems or have questions while using BOSS, please view the Application Help and Frequently Asked Questions. Some users may experience slow website performance as deadlines approach. If selected for a scholarship award, award notification will be sent to your ISU E-mail or your current mailing address as listed in MyISU. Students are encouraged to monitor these sources for award information. If you are not selected you will receive no such notice.
The following students are encouraged to access BOSS
- Entering Freshmen with no less than a 2.0 high school GPA who have been FULLY admitted to Idaho State University as degree-seeking students.
- New Transfer students with at least a cumulative transfer GPA of 2.0 who have been FULLY admitted to Idaho State University as degree-seeking students.
- Continuing Undergraduate students, active in an ISU program, with at least a cumulative ISU undergraduate GPA of 2.0.
- Professional students, active in the Doctor of Pharmacy program, with at least a cumulative ISU professional GPA of 3.0.
- Graduate students, active in an ISU graduate program, with at least a cumulative ISU graduate GPA of 3.0.
You must be fully admitted and maintain full-time enrollment in an ISU program to be eligible to receive ISU scholarship awards. A small handful of scholarships allow less than full-time status and will be clearly indicated as such in the description.
Checking the Status of Scholarships in which you applied for in BOSS:
In BOSS, students can check the status of scholarships in which they have applied to. Once logged into BOSS go to the main page that shows your “general application”. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the status of your scholarships within that award cycle.
Submitted = Still in Review
Not Selected for Award = you were not chosen for the award at this time
Awarded = you received an award. Instructions were e-mailed to you, you need to click on this opportunity and accept your award, etc.
NO Log-In Access to BOSS?
For High School Counselors or others who would like to view a list of available scholarship opportunities but DO NOT have BOSS log-in capabilities, please click here.