facebook pixel Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University home

Scholarship Information for New Transfer Students

A New Transfer Student (for scholarship purposes) is an Idaho resident or domestic non-resident who has completed more than 12 but less than 100 university credits at another institution after high school.

If you are not an Idaho resident or domestic non-resident, see our information for International students.



Get Admitted by the Deadline

Fall entry: July 1st

Spring entry: November 1st

Your application for admission to ISU serves as your "scholarship application".

A list of Transfer Scholarships

Students who are Idaho Residents and awarded a Transfer Scholarship may receive their funding through the Kasiska Health Science Scholarship or Laura Moore Cunningham Foundation Scholarship depending on students major, GPA, and available funding.   Students will be notified by letter or email with further instructions.

Domestic Non-resident transfer students with an average cumulative college GPA of 3.5 and greater are considered for Non-resident Tuition Waivers.  The awarding of NRTW is dependent on availability.  Note: Students in oversubscribed programs will not be considered for NRTWs.  

Domestic Non-Resident students with an average cumulative GPA of 2.5 and greater are considered for the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) based on major, residence and availability.




Complete the FAFSA

Some scholarship awarding is based on demonstrated financial need. To be considered for any need-based awards, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the appropriate year.

We encourage students to submit the FAFSA as soon as possible.

If you need assistance with the FAFSA.gov, please contact the ISU Financial Aid Office at (208) 282-2756.




Complete the Honors Application if Applicable

Please click on the "HONORS" button to get more information about Honors eligibility and deadlines.



Apply for Additional Scholarships

Log into the Bengal Online Scholaship System (BOSS) starting January for fall admittance or October for spring admittance to apply for additional scholarships at ISU.



Apply For State Board of Education Scholarships for Idaho Residents Only

Please click the "SBOE" button to access information regarding State Board of Education Scholarships.


Apply for Outside/External Scholarships

Browse the external scholarship list in BOSS more opportunities.

Also visit the National Scholarship Search Databse.

Remember, you should never pay to apply to a scholarship. Do not provide your SSN#. Be cautious of scams. 

Call our Scholarship Office if you have questions. (208) 282-3315.