Applying for Scholarships
The Idaho State University Scholarship (ISU) Office oversees a range of scholarships that are funded by ISU and donors who support ISU. ISU is a comprehensive university that offers scholarships to help you finance your education. Many students compete for scholarships which are awarded based on merit and/or financial need.
On average, ISU awards over $10 million annually to ISU students.
Simple Guide to follow when applying for scholarships at ISU:
- Get admitted by the required deadlines. If you are a new incoming (first time) Freshman, Transfer, or International students you will automatically be considered for our 1, 2, 4 year Recruitment Scholarships just by being fully admitted by the required deadlines.
- Apply in the Bengal Online Scholarship System (once admitted & throughout your career at ISU).
- Access BOSS: Apply Now
- Questions about applying in BOSS? How to Apply in BOSS
- Important Instructions & other information on BOSS:
- Check with your major department for any other opportunities in which they may control/be aware of. Not all opportunities are listed/available in BOSS.
- Check outside scholarships. Look at the “external” section in BOSS for several outside scholarships; search databases for scholarship opportunities that pertain to your situation or background; check into local agencies, parents/your place of work, etc. Watch for scams!.
- If an Idaho Resident, don't forget to check the Idaho State Board of Education Scholarships.
No Log-in Access to BOSS?
For High School Counselors or others who would like to view a list of available scholarship opportunities but DO NOT have BOSS log-in capabilities, please visit: https://isu.academicworks.com
If you encounter problems or have questions while using BOSS, please view our Application Help and Frequently Asked Questions. Some users may experience slow website performance as deadlines approach.
If selected for a scholarship award, award notification will be sent to your ISU email or your current mailing address as listed in BengalWeb. Students are encouraged to monitor these sources for award information. If you are not selected you will receive no such notice.
BOSS Scholarship Eligibility:
- You must be fully admitted to ISU to qualify for scholarship opportunities.
- You must be an active “Degree-Seeking” student to apply for scholarship opportunities.
- Make sure your major is current in the ISU student system.
- All scholarships require full-time status unless otherwise indicated.
- To be considered for any need-based scholarships, you must have your current FAFSA completed for the award year in which you are applying, prior to the scholarship opportunity deadline to be considered.
- A minimum 2.0 GPA is required for undergraduates, and a minimum 3.0 GPA is required for graduate and professional students unless otherwise indicated. GPA requirements vary.
- If a letter of reference is required, you will have 7 days after the application deadline to make sure it is received for scholarship consideration.
- Be prepared to provide essays, email addresses of individuals who will be providing required reference letters or other required documents.
All documents, except letters of reference, must be uploaded to your online application by the scholarship opportunity deadline; letters of reference must be received within 7 days of the scholarship opportunity deadline.
The application will state if letters of reference, essays or other materials are required for a scholarship.
All document attachments become the property of ISU and will not be returned.
The following students are encouraged to access BOSS:
- Entering Freshmen with no less than a 2.0 high school GPA who have been fully admitted to Idaho State University as degree-seeking students
- New Transfer students with at least a cumulative transfer GPA of 2.0 who have been fully admitted to Idaho State University as degree-seeking students
- Continuing Undergraduate students, active in an ISU program, with a minimum cumulative ISU undergraduate GPA of 2.0
- Professional students, active in the Doctor of Pharmacy program, with at least a cumulative ISU professional GPA of 3.0
- Graduate students, active in an ISU graduate program, with at least a cumulative ISU graduate GPA of 3.0
Please read the descriptions and related deadlines carefully and apply for those scholarships where you appear to meet the minimum criteria. Due to variations with majors, minors, & concentrations, as well as the complexity of some scholarship criteria, some scholarships may be "recommended" to you for which you are not eligible.