Congratulations on your Scholarship award! Please review our guidelines on writing your thank you letter below, or download a PDF copy of the Thank You Letter Guidelines.
Guidelines for Writing Thank You Letters
We strongly encourage your letter to be handwritten or typed and printed on a quality piece of stationery, typed in a font style that is easily read using a font size of 10 to 12.
Thank you cards or small note cards are not acceptable.
Use a standard informal blocked letter format. An example of this format is provided below.
Please include a formal salutation, such as:
- Dear Dr. and Mrs. Smith– For individuals
- Dear Pres. Smith– For corporations and companies
- Dear Scholarship Committee– For Foundation
- Write a 50 to 100 word personal thank you for their contribution and support.
- Share how this scholarship is making a difference in your life.
- Share information regarding your interests, activities, planned major, goals, etc.
- Do not include your scholarship $ amount in the content of your Thank You Letter.
- Carefully proofread your letter and make sure there are no spelling or grammatical errors.
- Hand or digitally sign your letter.
Enclose your letter(s) with your acceptance form(s) and send them to:
ISU Scholarship Office
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8391
Pocatello, ID 83209-8391
Upon receipt, your Thank You letter(s) will be reviewed for appropriateness, grammar and spelling by the Stewardship Office in the ISU Foundation, copied for the files, then mailed to the donor(s) or contacts.
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.