In determining residency for fee assessment purposes, Idaho State University is governed by:
The "Resident Tuition fact sheet pathways" document published by the Idaho State Board of Education can also be very helpful in determining which part of the law and rule applies in an individual’s situation.
Initial Determination of Residency Status
A student’s residency status is determined during the admissions process based on the information provided on ISU’s admission application.
Changing Residency Status
- Review the "Resident Tuition fact sheet pathways" document or the Residency Visual published by the Idaho State Board of Education to determine which pathway towards residency applies in your situation.
- Complete the Idaho Residency Determination Worksheet (IRDW).
- Gather documentation required by the IRDW in support of residency.
- Deliver the IRDW and supporting documentation to the Office of the Registrar via email, postal mail or in person.
Residency Certification for University of Utah Medical School Admissions applicants:
- Please follow the instructions above under the Changing Residency Status
- Complete the Return to Practice Medicine in Idaho Agreement for Idaho Students document (page 2) found here: Medical Payback Agreement.
You can email IRDW, supporting documents, and completed payback agreement to: email@example.com
Residency Certification for the WWAMI program applicants:
- please follow instructions here.
Office of the Registrar, Residency Specialist
921 S. 8th Ave
Mail Stop 8196
Pocatello, ID 83209-8196
Phone: (208) 282-2661
Fax: (208) 282-4231
To change your residency status for a semester, your IRDW must be received before the Add/Drop date for the semester. See the Academic Calendar for dates.
For additional residency information, please review the Residency FAQ or contact the Office of the Registrar at 208 282-2661.