Prerequisite Requirements from The College of Idaho
This is a list of the College of Idaho courses that will meet the program's prerequisite requirements. These courses have prerequisite requirements. Please consult with a College of Idaho Advisor to determine if additional course work is required.
- BIO-360 Microbiology
- CHE-412 Biochemistry
- BIO-224 Human Anatomy & Physiology I AND
- BIO-225 Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- PSY-404 Abnormal Psychology, OR
- Developmental Psychology through the Lifespan:
- PSY-201 Introduction to Developmental Psychology
- MAT-125 Data Analysis and Statistics, OR
- MAT-212 Advanced Statistical Methods
Highly Recommended Courses:
(Please note: This list is not meant to be all inclusive and includes suggestions only!)
- Upper level biology courses such as:
- BIO-108 Human Genetics
- BIO-316 Genetics
- BIO 345 Selected Topics in Human Anatomy
- BIO-361 Pathobiology
- BIO-365 Immunology
- BIO-371 Endocrinology
- BIO-376 Neurophysiology
- Other health-related courses from departments such as Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Health Education, and Health & Human Performance.
- Proficiency in a foreign language
All applicants are expected to possess computer literacy (either through course work or experience) which includes a basic understanding of the operation of a Windows pc, word processing, file management, spreadsheets, and the Internet.