Workers’ Compensation provides benefits to employees of ISU who sustain job-related injuries or contract occupational diseases or conditions. This includes student employees, work-experience students doing internships, and authorized volunteers. Benefits are in the form of compensation for 100% of medical expenses and partial compensation for time-loss from work.
In Event of an Injury
Call 911 immediately. Employee should be transported by ambulance to the nearest emergency facility for immediate medical attention.
- Employee should immediately notify their supervisor, no matter how small the injury may be. The injured employee along with their supervisor need to complete a Supervisor’s Accident Report and email this to Risk Management: email@example.com within 24 hours, where possible.
- If the employee is seeking medical treatment for the injury they should call Risk Management at (208) 282-5741 to begin the claim process and fill out a First Report of Injury. This is generally done after the Supervisors Accident Report has been submitted.
- Risk Management will submit the claim to the Idaho State Insurance Fund who will investigate, evaluate, and make a final determination on the claim.
- Employee should seek medical treatment from our preferred providers, University Health Center or Health West for our Pocatello facilities. Employees of ISU Meridian and Idaho Falls may seek treatment at a facility of their choice since there are no preferred providers designated for these campuses.
- If a specialist is needed, our preferred providers can recommend you.
- After hours, the employee may seek treatment at an Immediate Care or Emergency Center of their choice.
ISU Health Center Health West
M-F 8:45 AM - 4:00 PM MWF 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM; TTHR. 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
990 Cesar Chavez Ave. 465 Memorial Drive
Pocatello, ID 83209 Pocatello ID, 83201
(208) 282-2330 (208) 234-4700
Appointments are appreciated where time allows, but not required.
Risk Management should be notified of all hazards that may pose risk in the workplace. If there is a claim involving hazards or reports of hazards, we will further investigate the issue to ensure we are keeping our university community safe. Risk Management will work with Environmental Health & Safety, Public Safety, Facilities and/or any other relevant departments to ensure resolution.
Call (208) 282-5741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDRESS PHONE & FAX
Office of General Counsel Phone: (208) 282-5741
Administration 321 Fax: (208) 282-4821
921 S. 8th Ave., STOP 8410 Email: email@example.com
Pocatello, ID 83209-8410