Workers’ Compensation provides benefits to employees of ISU who sustain job-related injuries or contract occupational diseases or conditions. This includes student employees, work-experience students doing internships, and authorized volunteers. Benefits are in the form of compensation for 100% of medical expenses and partial compensation for time-loss from work.
In Event of an Injury
Call 911 immediately. Injured employee should be transported by ambulance to the nearest emergency facility for immediate medical attention.
- Injured employee should immediately notify their supervisor, no matter how small the injury.
- The injured employee should work with their supervisor to fill out a Supervisor's Accident Report. Email the signed report to email@example.com within 24 hours, where possible. These reports should be kept on file in the department.
Seeking Medical Treatment:
- If the injured employee seeks medical treatment they should call Risk Management, (208) 282-5741, to start the claim and file a First Report of Injury as quickly as possible.
- Risk Management will submit the claim to the Idaho State Insurance Fund which will investigate, evaluate, and make a final determination on the claim.
- Where possible, the injured employee should seek treatment from our preferred providers for ease of claim coordination. If a specialist is needed, our preferred providers can recommend you.
- After hours, the employee may seek treatment at an Immediate Care or Emergency Center of their choice.
Where possible, injured employees should seek medical treatment from our preferred providers for ease of claim coordination. Your visit may not be covered by workers comp if you do not initiate care with our preferred provider. If needed, our preferred providers can refer you to a specialist. After hours, the injured employee should seek treatment at an Immediate Care or Emergency Center of their choice.
Notice of New Preferred Providers
Sterling Urgent Care
5605 Northside Xing,
Chubbuck, ID 83202
Monday to Saturday 8 AM to 8 PM
St. Luke’s Occupational Medicine
520 S Eagle Road Suite 2213
Meridian, Idaho 83642
Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM
Sterling Urgent Care
740 S Woodruff Avenue
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Sunday to Saturday 8 AM to 8 PM
Risk Management should be notified of all hazards that may pose risk in the workplace. If there is a claim involving hazards or reports of hazards, we will further investigate the issue to ensure we are keeping our university community safe. Risk Management will work with Environmental Health & Safety, Public Safety, Facilities and/or any other relevant departments to ensure resolution.
Call (208) 282-5741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is essential that all employees living and working out of the State of Idaho be reported properly in order to secure workers' compensation benefits. Please make sure all out-of-state employees are being reported properly to HR.
ADDRESS PHONE & FAX
Office of General Counsel Phone: (208) 282-5741
Administration 321 Fax: (208) 282-4821
921 S. 8th Ave., STOP 8410 Email: email@example.com
Pocatello, ID 83209-8410