facebook pixel Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University home

Workers' Compensation

Grounds keepers working with shovels and wheelbarrows.

The Workers' Compensation program at Idaho State University ensures that employees, including student employees, interns, and authorized volunteers, receive necessary benefits in the event of work-related injuries or occupational diseases. These benefits include full coverage for medical expenses and potential partial compensation for time-loss from work. We prioritize the well-being of our employees and strive to provide timely and comprehensive support during their recovery process.


Call 911 immediately. Injured employee should be transported by ambulance to the nearest emergency facility for immediate medical attention. 

Non-Life Threatening
Immediate Steps:
  • Injured employee should immediately notify their supervisor, no matter how small the injury.
  • The injured employee should work with their supervisor to fill out a Supervisor's Accident Report. Email the signed report to aubrienield@isu.edu within 24 hours, where possible. These reports should be kept on file in the department.
Seeking Medical Treatment:
  • If the injured employee seeks medical treatment they should call Risk Management, (208) 282-5741, to start the claim and file a First Report of Injury as quickly as possible.
    • Risk Management will submit the claim to the Idaho State Insurance Fund which will investigate, evaluate, and make a final determination on the claim. 
  • Where possible, the injured employee should seek treatment from our preferred providers for ease of claim coordination. If a specialist is needed, our preferred providers can recommend you.
  • After hours, the employee may seek treatment at an Immediate Care or Emergency Center of their choice.

Where possible, injured employees should seek medical treatment from our preferred providers for ease of claim coordination. Your visit may not be covered by workers comp if you do not initiate care with our preferred provider. If needed, our preferred providers can refer you to a specialist. After hours, the injured employee should seek treatment at an Immediate Care or Emergency Center of their choice. 

Notice of New Preferred Providers

Sterling Urgent Care
5605 Northside Xing,
Chubbuck, ID 83202
(208) 547-5062
Monday to Saturday 8 AM to 8 PM

St. Luke’s Occupational Medicine
520 S Eagle Road Suite 2213
Meridian, Idaho 83642
(208) 706-5447
Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM

Idaho Falls
Sterling Urgent Care
740 S Woodruff Avenue
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
(208) 542-9111
Sunday to Saturday 8 AM to 8 PM

Full List of Preferred Providers

Risk Management should be notified of all hazards that may pose risk in the workplace. If there is a claim involving hazards or reports of hazards, we will further investigate the issue to ensure we are keeping our university community safe. Risk Management will work with Environmental Health & Safety, Public Safety, Facilities and/or any other relevant departments to ensure resolution.

Call (208) 282-5741 or email aubrienield@isu.edu.

It is essential that all employees living and working out of the State of Idaho be reported properly in order to secure workers' compensation benefits. Please make sure all out-of-state employees are being reported properly to HR.


Contact Us

ADDRESS                                       PHONE & FAX

Office of General Counsel                        Phone: (208) 282-5741
Administration 321                                     Fax: (208) 282-4821
921 S. 8th Ave., STOP 8410                      Email: aubrienield@isu.edu
Pocatello, ID 83209-8410

It is the policy of Idaho State University, along with the State Insurance Fund, to handle all claims in a timely and equitable manner.