Idaho State University is committed to ethical conduct and to fostering a culture of compliance with applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations, and with State Board of Education and ISU policies. The University acknowledges that compliance requires an on-going and concerted effort on the part of all members of the University community.
In accordance with State Board of Education Governing Policies and Procedures, Section V.Y., the President of ISU has designated the University’s General Counsel as the Chief Compliance Officer for the University, and the Office of General Counsel as the University Compliance Office. The Chief Compliance Officer, with the assistance of the University Compliance Committee, is responsible for the administration and coordination of the University’s compliance efforts.
The Compliance Committee members include:
- Shawn Bascom, Assistant Director of Admissions, International Programs
- Clark Weaver, Interim Director of Environmental Health and Safety/Operational Safety Manager
- Kris Clarkson, Director of Student Life
- Lewis Eakins, Chief Security Officer/Director of Public Safety
- Deb Easterly, Assistant Vice President for Research Outreach and Compliance
- James Francel, Associate General Counsel
- Randy Gaines, Chief Information Officer
- Stacey Gibson, Director of Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Diversity
- Nancy Graziano, Associate Athletic Director
- Cheryl Hanson, Associate Vice President for Facilities Services
- Joanne Hirase-Stacey, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
- Reese Jensen, Director of Internal Audit
- Karina Mason-Rorris, Director of Disability Services/EIT Coordinator
- Laura McKenzie, University Registrar
- Brian Sagendorf, Director of Human Resources
- Cody Sparrow, Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance
The Compliance Committee shall assist the President and the Chief Compliance Officer with:
- Maintaining a Code of Ethics;
- Publishing an index of all major compliance areas;
- Coordinating compliance oversight, monitoring, and reporting;
- Proposing and reviewing new policies;
- Reviewing amendments to policies;
- Recommending practices to enhance compliance;
- Assuring University policies are regularly reviewed for compliance; and
- Training employees on the laws, regulations, and policies that apply to their job responsibilities.
As part of ISU’s compliance efforts and to encourage employees to report issues, the University maintains a website and hotline: www.MySafeCampus.com or 1‐800‐716‐9007. REPORTS CAN BE MADE ANONYMOUSLY. They are received by the General Counsel and the Internal Auditor, who review and assist in resolution.
Disclaimer: Materials presented on this Website are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice from the OGC. Users are advised to contact an OGC attorney directly whenever considering a University matter with legal implications.