Idaho State University is committed to ethical conduct and fostering a culture of compliance with applicable state and federal laws, rules, regulations, and with State Board of Education and ISU policies. The University acknowledges compliance requires an ongoing and concerted effort on the part of all members of the University community.
In accordance with State Board of Education Governing Policies and Procedures, Section V.Y., the President of ISU has designated the University’s General Counsel as the Chief Compliance Officer for the University, and the Office of the General Counsel as the University Compliance Office. The Chief Compliance Officer, with the assistance of the University Compliance Committee, is responsible for the administration and coordination of the University’s compliance efforts.
The Compliance Committee assists the President and the Chief Compliance Officer with:
- Maintaining a Code of Ethics;
- Publishing an index of all major Compliance Areas;
- Coordinating compliance oversight, monitoring, and reporting;
- Reviewing amendments to policies;
- Recommending practices to enhance compliance;
- Assuring University policies are regularly reviewed for compliance; and
- Training employees on the laws, regulations, and policies that apply to their job responsibilities.
Compliance Committee Members
- Blake Christensen, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer | Office of the General Counsel (Compliance Committee Chair)
- Misty Olmsted, HIPAA Compliance Officer | Office of the General Counsel
- Shawn Bascom, Assistant Director of Admissions | International Programs
- Craig Chatriand, Assistant Vice President and Dean of Students | Office of Student Affairs
- Jessy Sears, Interm Chief Security Officer and Director | Public Safety
- Deb Easterly, Assistant Vice President for Research Outreach and Compliance | Office for Research
- Jennifer Parrott, Director | Environmental Health and Safety Department
- Stacey Gibson, Director | Office of Equity and Inclusion
- Cheryl Hanson, Associate Vice President | Facilities Services
- Reese Jensen, Director | Internal Audit
- Renae Scott, Chief Information Officer | Information Technology Services
- Karina Mason-Rorris, Director/EIT Coordinator | Disability Services
- Laura McKenzie, University Registrar
- Libby Howe, University Policy Manager | Office of the President
- Brian Sagendorf, Director of Human Resources
- Cody Sparrow, Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance | Office of the General Counsel/ Athletics
As part of ISU’s compliance efforts and to encourage employees to report compliance issues, the University maintains a website and hotline: www.MySafeCampus.com or 1‐800‐716‐9007. REPORTS CAN BE MADE ANONYMOUSLY. They are received by the General Counsel and the Internal Auditor, who review and assist in resolution.