Office of the General Counsel
The Office of the General Counsel is responsible for all compliance, risk management, and legal affairs at Idaho State University. We strive to provide proactive guidance and problem-solving for the university and its programs. Some of the services provided by the Office of the General Counsel include the following:
- Legal counsel and guidance, including advice on best practices for preventing issues before they arise
- Risk management guidance and best practices
- University contract review and approval process
- Education and training on legal issues to the campus community
- Guidance on regulatory questions and requirements related to university activities
- Supervision of outside counsel retained to assist with particular matters requiring specialized expertise
The Office of the General Counsel is the legal counsel for the University, its health clinics, and all related programs. Communication with Office of the General Counsel attorneys regarding University legal matters is generally protected by attorney-client privilege and is confidential. However, emails are not necessarily secure, thus, their confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. The Office of the General Counsel is not permitted to provide personal legal advice to individuals.
ADDRESS PHONE & FAX
Office of General Counsel Phone: (208) 282-3234
Administration 321 Fax: (208) 282-4821
921 S. 8th Ave., STOP 8410
Pocatello, ID 83209-8410
Materials presented on this Website are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice from the Office of the General Counsel. Users are advised to contact an Office of the General Counsel attorney directly whenever considering a University matter with legal implications.