Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University home

Risk Management

What We Do

Risk management administers the University’s insurance programs designed to provide a safe environment for the campus community, as well as protect and preserve the University’s assets from adverse effects of physical and financial loss. We provide the following services:

  • Coordinate claims regarding property and auto losses
  • Coordinate tort liability protection 
  • Handle requests for Certificates of Insurance (COI)
  • Provide risk advising for University events, programs, and activities


Serving as a partner and adviser by equipping departments with risk-aware skill sets and empowering them to understand the implications in making decisions to assume, mitigate, transfer, or eliminate the impact of risk.  We focus on the prevention of incidents or accidents with a principal focus on protecting the members of the University community and the environment.  We value our role as a strategic partner and serve to appropriately balance risk to carry out the University’s mission.


We are committed to developing a culture of risk management in the university and promoting an environment in which each member of the university community is responsible for protecting and enhancing the reputation and assets of the university.

New Bengal and Roar Banners on Martin Luther King Jr. Way

Managing Risk in Events, Programs, and Activities

In Event of Damages, Losses, Accidents

Insurance Information

Vehicle Use and Liability

Protection of Minors

Miscellaneous Information & Forms

We all have a responsibility to be risk managers as we protect students, faculty, staff, and the entire Bengal Community.

Contact Risk Management

ADDRESS                                        PHONE & FAX

Office of General Counsel                        Phone: (208) 282-5741
Administration 321                                     Fax: (208) 282-4821
921 S. 8th Ave., STOP 8410                      Email:
Pocatello, ID 83209-8410