Electronic Personnel Action Forms (EPAFs) are used to create or update employee records. EPAFs allow for quick processing to support HR actions such as creating positions, process terminations, changing labor distributions, updating TORGS (time approval queues), etc. for non-benefited positions, and currently some EPAFs can be used for benefited positions (more details can be found below).
Next EPAF Training Date
The next EPAF training is conducted on September 15th, 2023.
Since we go over the same content every month, these training sessions are not generally recorded. You can find the Training Video on How to use the EPAF Guides (conducted on August 24th, 2023) below under EPAF Originator Resources -> Training.
Please send an email to email@example.com for more details.
|Different Scenarios||Do we need an EPAF?|
|Student, Temp or Work-study new/additional job or termination||EPAF submission required.|
|Benefited employee new/additional job or termination||Submit a PR form.|
|T- Org, Position Index for all employees (including benefited)||EPAF submission required.|
|Proxy access issues or T-org approver change requests||Submit a Banner Access Request (BAR)|
|EPAF||PR||Banner Access Request (BAR)|
An EPAF is submitted to create or update student, work-study, or TEMP positions. An EPAF is also submitted if you wanted to change the TOrg of any employee (including benefited) or if you wanted to change the position index of a benefited employee.
|A PR is submitted to create or update all the benefited positions that includes all classified, non-classified and faculty positions.||A Banner Access Request (BAR) is submitted for all the access related issues such as approver change for a T-Org, EPAF creator access, EPAF approver access, EPAF proxy access, Time approver proxy access etc.|
|EPAF Category||When to use||Quick Guide|
|TSORG||Employee Timesheet Org/Time Approver Change (Applicable for all employees including benefited)|
|STASSN||Student/Temporary Assign a Job or Job Change|
|STPAY||Student/Temporary Job Hourly Rate of Pay Change|
|STTERM||Student/Temporary Job Termination|
|STENTR||Time Entry Method Change||Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help|
|GRASSN||Graduate Assistant Assign a Job or Job Change|
|GRTERM||Graduate Assistant Termination||Contact email@example.com if you need any help|
|WSASSN||Workstudy Assign a Job or Job Change||
Here are the list of new Work Study PCNs
|WSPAY||Workstudy Job Hourly Rate Pay Change|
|WSTERM||Workstudy Job Termination||EPAF Quick Guide Terminating an Employee|
|INDXCH||Employee Position Index Change|
To be an EPAF Originator, you need to request EPAF Originator access via a Banner Access Request (BAR) and mention the Organizational codes (Org codes) for which you need the access. Please contact your University Business Officer (UBO) to get the information about the Org codes. Getting access to the Organizational codes helps you to submit an error-free EPAF.
Things you need before creating an EPAF:
EPAF submission becomes easy and error-free if you have all the details correct and ready. Below is the checklist we recommend:
- To set up a new employee, check whether they completed the new hire paperwork with HR and entered it into the Banner system - Search for the employee on the EPAF create screen by marking the employee checkbox or contact HR for the information.
- For Position number and Account code, please refer to the below table.
Account Code Description Position Numbers (PCN) 6202 Graduate TA/RA G50000 6203 Employees - Temporary T50000 6204 CPI Students
- S20123-00 (CPI Up to 20 Hours)
- S20123-06 (CPI Over 20 Hours)
6204 Non-CPI Student (Non-Work Study) S50000 6205 State Work Study Work Study PCN List 6206 Federal Work Study Work Study PCN List
- Index(es) or funding source assigned for the position and calculate the percentage allocation - The position Supervisor/Department should have this information.
- In the case of a CPI student employee, find out whether it's for an undergrad or graduate level and also the allotted career center pay rate - Career Center will have this information.
- T-Org number for this position - Here's is the T-Org Information For EPAF Originators CSV Report (As of 09/18/2023). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more latest report.
- Employee timesheets start date (Effective Date)- The position Supervisor/Department should have this information.
- Job Begin Date and Personnel Date (actual start date) - check out the EPAF dates cheat sheet below in the resources for more help)
- List of approvers for this EPAF. An EPAF Originator who is submitting the EPAF can be in the Approval Queue but only as an FYI but not as an Approver.
- The current pay period start date and end dates can be found on the payroll
Sometimes, creating an EPAF can be troublesome. Therefore, the following guides are here to assist you and ease the process.
- T-Org Information For EPAF Originators CSV Report.
- EPAF Summary Table for GTAs FY24 has all the information required to submit a graduate student EPAF.
- EPAF Errors and Warnings Guide contains the list of possible EPAF errors/warnings and helps you to resolve them easily.
- EPAF Dates Cheat Sheet can help you easily understand, identify and resolve the date-related issues involved in the EPAF process.
The EPAF training video is available in case you need more assistance. By sending an email to email@example.com, HR EPAF Team can provide need-based EPAF training to EPAF originators, but we kindly suggest you check out all the EPAF resources available first.
To be an EPAF Originator, you must raise a Banner Access Request (BAR).
EPAF Quick Guide Approving EPAFs can help you with any queries or issues while approving an EPAF. Please email any further questions or concerns along with the screenshot of your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Setting up your proxy:
A proxy is a person who can view/approve/deny an EPAF on your behalf. It is always recommended to have at least one proxy for every approver, in case of an emergency.
By submitting a Banner Access Request (BAR), IT and HR can enable the EPAF access for a proxy but an approver must complete the proxy setup. EPAF Quick Guide Setting Up and Acting as a Proxy helps you with the proxy setup process. Please email any further questions or concerns along with the screenshot of your issue to email@example.com.
You need to raise a Banner Access Request (BAR), to enable the EPAF access. Once it's enabled, the EPAF approver needs to complete the Proxy setup.
Acting and Approving as a proxy:
EPAF Quick Guide Setting Up and Acting as a Proxy helps you with the proxy EPAF approval.
Please email any further questions or concerns along with the screenshot of your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.