eISU Proctoring Services for Faculty
FACULTY: ISU provides proctoring services for students taking online exams. Proctoring requires communication between both instructor and student to determine an appropriate location, time and proctor. Please make arrangements with your students at least one week prior to the examination to avoid scheduling conflicts.
Online Proctoring Solutions
Online proctoring allows a student to take an exam at home or work. In most cases, students will be required to have a web camera and a microphone to connect live with a proctor. Students will need to share their computer screen and show a current photo ID. The online proctor will observe the student and their computer screen during the exam and report any discrepancies. Currently, a Live Proctoring Service is available for those teaching eISU courses.
eISU faculty can request to have proctoring tools and resources added to their Moodle ISU course by filling out the Request Online Proctoring for an eISU Course form.
Online Proctoring Quick Start Guide for Faculty: includes links to training to help with the process of adding and scheduling exams.
Online Proctoring Quick Start Guide for Students: includes links to training to help students schedule their time to take the exam and connect to the online proctor.
Proctoring Training Events
- August 16th, 2018 Proctoring Training Event Video
- August 22nd, 2018 Proctoring Training Event Video
- August 29th, 2018 Proctoring Training Event Video
A few authentication and proctoring modes you need to keep in mind when scheduling an online exam:
- Level AA: Auto-Authentication - Test-takers snap pictures of their ID and face, answer challenge questions and enter a biometric keystroke signature to verify identity.
- Level LA: Live Authentication - Test-takers agree to exam rules, room scan, answer challenge questions, verifications, facial comparisons, keystroke analysis. This level is the most reliable authentication.
- Level 1: Auto-Proctoring - After auto-authentication is complete, Examity® captures audio, motion, and systemic changes to identify inappropriate behaviors.
- Level 2: Record and Review proctoring - After live-authentication, each test is recorded from start to finish and is later viewed by a human, in its entirety, to ensure that no rules have been violated.
- Level 3: Live Proctoring - After live-authentication, Examity® monitors the test-taker’s surroundings and entire desktop throughout the exam.
ISU Proctoring Locations
ISU Centers offer onsite-proctoring services at the following locations:
- ISU Meridian - 1311 E. Central Drive Meridian, ID 83642 (208-373-1960 | Gregory Fischer)
- ISU Idaho Falls - Televised and Web Proctoring Services, 1776 Science Center Dr. Idaho Falls, ID 83402, TAB 115 (208-282-7892 | Cindy Hronek-Brush) - Televised & Web Class Testing Center (TWTC) Request Form | This services is only available for ISU class proctoring and non-ISU proctoring should contact Counseling, Testing, and Career Services in Idaho Falls.
- ISU Idaho Falls - Counseling, Testing, and Career Services, 1784 Science Center Drive, Idaho Falls, ID 83402 Bennion Student Union Building in room 223, (208-282-7750 | Deb Byers)
- ISU Idaho Falls - Classroom and ADA Proctoring Accommodations, 1784 Science Center Drive, Idaho Falls, ID 83402 Bennion Student Union Building in room 202, (208-282-7706 | Irene Gyorfy)
- ISU Twin Falls - 315 Falls Avenue, Twin Falls, ID 83303 (208-736-2101 | Maggi Seipel)
Reserve an ISU Computer Lab
Faculty can reserve an ISU computer lab for Moodle ISU exams using Safe Exam Browser (SEB). The SEB software changes any computer into a secure workstation by controlling access during an exam. Proctoring requires the faculty member to identify a proctor. Once a proctor has been identified, the faculty member must reserve a classroom from the list below:
- Pocatello - Rendezvous 213 (208-282-4226 | Scheduling)
- Pocatello - Rendezvous 215 (208-282-4226 | Scheduling)
- Pocatello - Liberal Arts 270 (208-282-4226 | Scheduling)
- Pocatello - Education 358 (208-282-4226 | Scheduling)
- Pocatello - Turner 111A (208-282-4226 | Scheduling)
- Idaho Falls - CHE 201 (208-282-7856 | Michael Timm)
- Idaho Falls - CHE 202 (208-282-7856 | Michael Timm)
- Meridian – 680 - 60 Seats (208-373-1707 | Maggie Scott)
- Meridian – 829 - 18 Seats (208-373-1707 | Maggie Scott)
- Twin Falls - Evergreen C90 (208-282-1205 | Adam Spencer)
Other Idaho Higher Education Institutions
Other Idaho higher education institutions can be used for proctoring but may require additional fees. Please allow extra time when scheduling exams with other Idaho institutions. The following Institutions offer proctoring services: