Need help with a community nutrition event? Contact the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics to discussion your needs:
Chair, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
We don't just believe in giving back to the community, we do it!
Nutrition and Dietetics faculty, staff and students regularly
volunteer at community events.
The ISU Meridian Nutrition Clinic is part of the ISU community outreach initiatives in the Treasure Valley. Registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) and offer a variety of services, including:
- Individual, family, and small group appointments
- Group nutrition education workshops and programs
- Community outreach
In addition to in-person appointments, tele-health services are provided via Zoom. The Nutrition Clinic also educates students, who observe, evaluate, and treat patients under the direct supervision of a licensed clinician. In addition, the clinic is used to support research initiatives.
Smart Cooking on the Run Every Day, or SCORE, helps athletes learn to make healthy choices based on their individual nutrition needs.
Sports Dietitian Natalie Christensen, RDN, LD, CSSD, a former ISU athlete (track and field, soccer), manages SCORE. Under her oversight, SCORE:
- Empowers ISU athletes to plan and cook healthful meals and snacks
- Educates ISU athletes on the basics of a nutritious diet
- Equips ISU athletes with resources for healthful meal planning, shopping, and food prep
Graduate and undergraduate students create a variety of helpful nutrition education materials. Check out these Nutrition Tips:
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Make a Sprout Sandwich
- Ceviche with a Twist!
- Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport (RED-S)
And, explore the SCORE sports nutrition blog with additional examples of student nutrition education messages.
Department faculty are active members of the Healthy Bengal Coalition:
- The Healthy Bengal Coalition is a collaboration between health and wellness related programs and clinics at Idaho State University.
- The mission of the Healthy Bengal Coalition is to increase the awareness and practice of behaviors that contribute to lifelong health and wellness for the Bengal Community.
- The Coalition hosts numerous events throughout the academic year.