SPARK a FIRE Scholarship
Scholarship award up to $10,000 per year
Review of applications will begin April 1, 2023.
Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed until funds are exhausted.
Welcome to the Science of Matter
The Department of Chemistry at Idaho State University is an American Chemical Society (ACS) accredited department with a mission to provide our students the best possible education in chemical science. Through instruction in the classroom, teaching laboratories, and research laboratories, we are committed to providing a foundation in chemistry to students across multiple health, science, and engineering programs with a variety of undergraduate programs, as well as both a major and minor available for those who want more or need less than a standard program.
BS/MS Applications Due April 3
Chemistry Major Austin Robison Receives 2023 Outstanding Student Achievement Award
Idaho State University Chemists Tackle the Plastic Pollution Problem
Periodic Notes Archive
The Chemistry Department's Main Office is currently operating on Normal Office Hours.
We are open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.
If you need assistance, please call 208-282-4444 or email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
The Department of Chemistry occupies all three floors of the western (towards 5th street) side of the Physical Science Complex Building (PSC), also designated as Building 3 on the ISU Map. Our main office is PSC 145, located directly to the left after entering the main lobby doors via the Quad. You can also find us on Goggle Maps.
- From I-15, take exit 69 on to E. Clark St. for Idaho State University/Idaho Museum of Natural History.
- Follow E. Clark St. for 11 blocks, then turn left on to S. 8th St.
- Follow S. 8th St. for 7 blocks to E. Carter.
- The Physical Science Complex Building is there on the corner of 8th and Carter.
- Parking can be found in the lot further down Carter St. in lot R01; this lot loops around the Frazier Building to provide more parking next to our building.
- Please visit the Chemistry Main Office to get your parking pass.