Awards and Nominations
Bengals improve the world around them and inspire others to innovation and creativity. To celebrate the accomplishments of our alumni, students and friends of Idaho State, ISUAA sponsors four major award ceremonies.
We gladly accept nominations at any time from alumni, faculty, staff and friends of ISU for any of these prestigious awards. Nominations can be made by expanding the tabs below and submitting the forms online.
Nominations for Homecoming Awards are submitted in writing on the official Homecoming nomination form and shall include all personal data and information relevant to the candidate's qualifications. Nominations can be submitted by anyone and are due in the Office of Alumni Relations no later than the end of March for awards given in the Fall of that same year.
ISU Distinguished Alumna/us:
Established in 1960 this award recognizes exemplary professional and personal contributions resulting in national or international recognition.
ISU Achievement Award:
Established in 1984, this award recognizes personal actions, generosity and self-sacrifice on behalf of the University by a current faculty member or an emeritus faculty member.
ISU Distinguished Service Award:
Established in 2004, this award recognizes ISU staff members who have shown exceptional loyalty to the University through an extended period of employment.
William J. Bartz Award:
Established in 1976, this award recognizes continued support and development of ISU through personal actions, participation in University affairs and financial support regardless of alumni status.
Established in 2001 in recognition of Centennial celebration, this award honors friends and alumni whose outstanding accomplishments and exemplary service bring distinction to the University and advance higher education.
Homecoming Parade Marshal(s):
Established in 1984, this award recognizes faculty, staff or alumni who have made a significant impact in the ISU community. This award is presented by the ASISU president.
Young Alumni Award:
Established in 2012, this award recognizes alumni who have graduated within the last ten years for exceptional achievement in career, public service and volunteerism that brings honor to the University.
Nominations for induction into the ISU Sports Hall of Fame are submitted in writing on the official ISU Sports Hall of Fame nomination form and shall include all personal data and information relevant to the candidate's qualifications. Nominations can be submitted by anyone and are due in the Office of Alumni Relations no later than June for awards given in the Spring of the following year.
Inductees are chosen by the 12 member Sports Hall of Fame Selection Committee. This committee is comprised of past Sports Hall of Fame Inductees.
- Candidates must have attended the Academy of Idaho, Idaho Technical Institute, University of Idaho Southern Branch, Idaho State College or Idaho State University for at least two years.
- Candidate must have excelled in one of the intercollegiate sports program.
- Candidate must have been out of school for at least 10 years.
- Special exceptions to this requirement may be granted for exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Committee, (i.e. for timing of the recognition for individual or ISU purposes, for international or worldwide acclaim, etc.)
Lifetime Achievement Award Qualifications:
The ISU Sports Hall of Fame Lifetime Achievement Award is a special recognition for those individuals whom the Committee, acting on behalf of all ISU Sports Hall of Fame inductees, deemed to have made a significant contribution, achievement, or have rendered outstanding service over their lifetime to ISU sports and athletes.
Lifetime Achievement recipients are not considered inductees into the ISU Sports Hall of Fame but are deserving of special tribute and preservation of their memory by the ISU Sports Hall of Fame inductees for their longtime and substantial contribution or service to ISU sports and athletes. To be considered for nomination a prospective candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Be an individual who has continued over his/her lifetime to make lasting contributions to, and continues to be identified and associated with, ISU sports and athletes.
- Be an individual of integrity and good character that brings honor and distinction to ISU sports and athletes.
This award may include athletic directors, coaches, trainers, administrators, contributors, sportscasters, and others deserving of special recognition for exceptional and lasting achievement or service.
Given annually during Commencement, the Professional Achievement Awards recognize Bengal alumni for their valuable and distinguished contributions to Idaho State University, their professions and to their communities.
Nominations for Professional Achievement Awards are directed to and accepted by the individual college Deans and unit heads throughout the year. Nomination packets are due to the dean of each college by Decembe 1. The dean from each college selects the recipient for this award. Nominate a deserving Bengal alumna or alumnus today.
Qualifications for nomination:
- Must be an alumnus of Idaho State University.
- Must show significant success and/or accomplishment in nominating field.
- Must have been out of school for at least 10 years.
Criteria and materials reviewed by selection committees include:
- A completed nomination form.
- Three letters of support - one may be from the nominator.
- A current resume or vitae for the candidate and other supporting materials such as newspaper articles, publications, or other resources that speak to the candidate's achievements.
Alumni are honored with Professional Achievement Awards from the following colleges and schools:
College of Arts & Letters - 2 honorees
- Fine Arts
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
College of Business - 1 honoree
College of Education - 1 honoree
College of Health - 1 honoree
College of Pharmacy - 1 honoree
College of Science & Engineering - 1 honoree
College of Technology - 1 honoree
Graduate School - 1 honoree
- Nomination Deadline: Friday, November 4 (For full consideration)
- Awards Ceremony: Thursday, February 8
Criteria for Nomination:
We are seeking nominees who have excelled academically, demonstrated outstanding career-related experiences and made significant contributions through their involvement in extracurricular activities.
Awards by College:
These prestigious awards will be distributed across our colleges, each recognizing outstanding achievement in various fields:
- College of Arts & Letters: 2 honorees (Fine Arts and Social Sciences)
- College of Business: 1 honoree
- College of Education: 1 honoree
- College of Health: 2 honorees (Undergraduate and Professional Degree)
- College of Pharmacy: 1 honoree
- College of Science & Engineering: 2 honorees (Natural Sciences and Physical and Engineering Sciences)
- College of Technology: 1 honoree
- Graduate School: 2 honorees (Master's Candidate and Doctoral Candidate)
Submit Your Nominations:
To nominate a deserving student, please complete the online nomination form. Your contributions to this process are invaluable in recognizing the outstanding achievements of our students.
Let's come together to celebrate the extraordinary accomplishments of our graduating Bengals. Make your nominations by Friday, November 4, to ensure full consideration.
For any inquiries or further information, please reach out to Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 282-3755.